Restore hangs on "Scanning Content."
Ziggurnaut

It's been spinning now for well over an hour. The process has found 2729 messages and 487 calls, which looks correct. But I am not given an option to restore, only Cancel. I URGENTLY need to restore the messages, what's the problem? By the way I am restoring from a Galaxy S5 to the same (replacement) model.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restore hangs on "Scanning Content."
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ziggurnaut-

Being able to backup and restore your files is very important. Let's make sure this is completed successfully. Are you currently connected to WIFI? The restore/backup option can take longer than expected as it would need to scan, backup and restore all those files back to the replacement phone. Specially when connected to WIFI, this can take up to 3-4 hours. This would all depend on how much info it needs to download. What make/model phone you have? Have you tried restarting your phone to test out the Verizon Cloud app again? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ziggurnaut

Carmen, the devices are both Samsung Galaxy S5s. I am have a strong wi-fi connection. There are zero photos, videos and documents to restore, only the 2729 messages and 487 calls. Under "Found so far to restore" the device immediately displays the messages and calls, but then hangs while scanning content... I don't understand why it is taking so long. It is not restoring, it is only scanning. When I did this the last time it was done in a matter of minutes. I urgently need these messages. Is the another workaround?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ziggurnaut,

Restoring your content should be a breeze. Let's keep going.

There's a few things I'd like for you to look into here.

Be sure your SIM is in the replacement device, and that you can place and receive calls on the device to ensure, it's active. Then cancel the app from running if you already haven't. Check to see if there is an updated needed on the phone or the app itself. Power off the phone, back on, then try to re run the application.

Link to run a software update: http://vz.to/1SW3lKc.

KatiM_VZW
Follow uVZWSupporter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please mark the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes