Restoring messages from cloud to phone.
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I'm trying to restore my messages from the Verizon Cloud. I have 1298 messages backed up. When I go through the steps to restore it says that restore is complete right after pushing restore, but the messages are not restored in Messages. Are they being download elsewhere on the phone and I have to import them? Please let me know how I can restore the messages back to my phone.

Thanks,

Gregg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Restoring messages from cloud to phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden,

We're happy to assist in restoring your messages.  I'm glad to hear that it is showing 1298 to be backed up right now.  Just to be clear are you using these steps when attempting the restore; http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-105905/.

If so, I would start by uninstalling and reinstalling the application and testing next. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden,

We're happy to assist in restoring your messages.  I'm glad to hear that it is showing 1298 to be backed up right now.  Just to be clear are you using these steps when attempting the restore; http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-105905/.

If so, I would start by uninstalling and reinstalling the application and testing next. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

TrevorC_VZW

Verizon Cloud can not be uninstall. The only option is to turn off, which I did. Then turned back on. Cleared data and cache. Went to app and selected restore. It restores all phone logs, contacts, photos, etc. except messages. What is the next step?

Thanks,

Gregg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden,

Thank you for completing those steps.  Once you've restored the messages are you checking in the integrated "Messaging" application or the Verizon Messaging application?

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Integrated message app. I've tried the Verizon message app with no luck.

Thanks,

Gregg

On Dec 5, 2014 3:15 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden,

Thanks for the info. Just to confirm you're not able to see the messages in either application at this point? Are the messages being restored from a previous device or the current device after a reset?

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

I can see the messages that were created on this phone in both apps. The

cloud says I now have over 1300 messages backed up now after it did a

backup. Most of the messages were backed up when I turned in my Samsung

Galaxy S4 for a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Now the OS on the Samsung Galaxy S4

was 4.4.2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is 4.4.4.

Thanks,

Gregg

On Dec 5, 2014 4:35 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

TrevorC_VZW,

Here is some more information. When selecting restore it tells me that the 54.1MB of information will take 1 hour est. The process only takes less than 1 second before it says restore complete.

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

TrevorC_VZW,

Has Verizon come up with a plan or fix?

Thanks,

Gregg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Gregg,

All of the steps that you have done do seem correct here. I don't see anything that is incorrect on our end. When you set up your tablet to begin with, did you set it up with your phone's number? This is the only way that Verizon Messages will work on a tablet.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes