Re: Restoring messages from cloud to phone.
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Logged in. There is no option view messages.

On Dec 16, 2014 9:28 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange gpeterden! Is your phone in easy mode or standard mode? Change the mode and test syncing messages please. http://vz.to/1wH3uJ4

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Put into easy mode. Went into Verizon Cloud App to restore messages.

Estimated time 54 minutes for 1200+ messages. Notification said restoring,

in less than 1 second it states restore complete, but messages did not

restore into messages app.

On Dec 17, 2014 9:26 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Ok Verizon. I have tried it on my other phone and it works on it. It is a Samsung Galaxy S4 with OS 4.4.2. So either the Verizon CLOUD App isn't compatible with OS 4.4.4 or Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I can't believe it is taking so long to resolve this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpeterden We appreicate you taking the time to test the Cloud on a different device. At this time, we do not have news on this being a known issue with the software update and restoring messages. When was the last time the restore has worked on the phone in question? 

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Never worked.

On Dec 22, 2014 10:31 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
jacharle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue after upgrading yesterday from the S3 to the S5.  The Verizon Cloud says my messages have been restored and should be visible in the Messages app, but the only ones I see are a handful from 2013.  Been trying all of the solutions I've found on the forum for hours without success.

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

OK Went to the local Verizon Store to see a tech. Unfortunate they were not able to do anything at their level. The stated that they have had several new phones come in to tech support with this issue and was identified that it is an glitch in the App interface with the stock Messages app version 4.4 and the Developer of the app would need to fix it so it would work correctly. So now the process to find the individuals the created and maintain the Verizon Cloud App for Android and knock on their door. Very frustrating that Tech Support can not get this corrected.

0 Likes
Ironhokie

gpeterden did you find a resolution to this?  I am having the same exact issue. 

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

Not yet. Thanks this reminded me to contact the tech since it's been over a

week.

0 Likes