Retrieve Deleted Photos from Verizon Cloud.
Dcraig2

My photos have been deleted from the Cloud and I really need to retrieve one that has sentimental value. How do I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
richs007
Verizon Employee

For everyone asking about their Cloud content suddenly disappearing because they didn't upgrade from their free service to either 500G/1TB.

If you've had the Cloud service removed from your phone number because you didn't upgrade to 500GB or 1TB and it's been less than 30 days, you must:

• call support at 800-922-0204
  • Have them put 500GB or 1TB on your phone number
  • Have them "Unarchive" your content
  • Have them double check the unarchived content is in the storage size (500G/1T) that you asked them for.

Once they do that, if you don't seen the restored content in your mobile app, re-install it (or Clear data if you know what that means) to refresh the local database on the phone.

View solution in original post

37 Replies
Shenell94

I was able to call and retrieve my photos, it took three tries before I was able to get connected to an agent who was able to get me connected with tech support and they were able to solve my problem!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

For everyone asking about their Cloud content suddenly disappearing because they didn't upgrade from their free service to either 500G/1TB.

If you've had the Cloud service removed from your phone number because you didn't upgrade to 500GB or 1TB and it's been less than 30 days, you must:

• call support at 800-922-0204
  • Have them put 500GB or 1TB on your phone number
  • Have them "Unarchive" your content
  • Have them double check the unarchived content is in the storage size (500G/1T) that you asked them for.

Once they do that, if you don't seen the restored content in your mobile app, re-install it (or Clear data if you know what that means) to refresh the local database on the phone.

Amber96
Enthusiast - Level 1

And if it's been more than 30 days we just don't matter? I received no warning of this and didn't know until trying to access stuff from a older phone. Way to give us the middle finger Verizon. 

dfkaczan
Enthusiast - Level 2

1000% agree - i am beyond angry with Verizon about this - photos of loved ones and memories are  among the most important things in life - you had 30 days to call and jump thru hoops to have them restore it - get this...i called and they restored it FOR THE 30 DAY FREE TRIAL and then deleted them all over again - i didn't look at my cloud until around 40 days later and everything was gone once again - i called and they were like 'so sorry those photos are irretrievable now' 

thanks Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how precious photos can be dfkaczan. I would love to help in any way I can. We're sorry to hear your pictures were removed with Verizon Cloud. Did you by chance back up your device any other way? AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
dfkaczan
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm in IT and had the photos on 'your cloud' as well as on my phone - until my phone broke - i got a new phone and that's when i found out the cloud pics were gone. - AGAIN. 

there has GOT to be an archive "somewhere" on your cloud servers - even after you deleted all your customers photos - beyond 30 days - this is what frustrates me almost as much as your deleting the pics TWICE.   your own support can't properly escalate this to L2 or L3 tech support (server level) in order to pull the deleted data AFTER the 30 days - i'm pretty certain verizon wouldn't permanently delete 10's of thousands or more customers photos even beyond 30 days.

please get me in touch with level 2 or level 3 server support

richs007
Verizon Employee

Hi @dfkaczan ,

For starters, I'm not customer support. I am on the cloud development team.  No one likes to learn their precious memories are gone so I can appreciate your frustration and anger with us.  

While it seems unimaginable, but if support told you the archive is not availble then the content was physically deleted.   

Something doesn't sound quite right with your report.  When support restored the free trial service to your mobile number, did they also restore the archived content for you?  If not, then that would explain why it seems like it was deleted again.  If you send your mobile number to the devloper inbox verizoncloud@verizonwireless.com I can try to figure out what happened.

0 Likes
dfkaczan
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks - i have just sent an. email to the inbox as you directed.

Daryl

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

deleted duplicate post.

0 Likes
quietsound1961

I am trying to find photo's that were uploaded to the cloud that were taken like five months ago , how do I do that.  when I go to icloud it's only showing a few photo's over the past month. Is there a way to receive past photos

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to access your photos quietsound1961. We are happy to help. To clarify, are you using iCloud or Verizon Cloud? If you are using Verizon Cloud, are you viewing the photos through the app or through our website?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
tbalgeman

I was also extremely disappointed with how things were done. I had a lot of memories that are now lost. And what bothered me the most was that I get notifications through text from Verizon for everything. I have it set this way because I am not always good at keeping up with my email. Yet this notification I never received through text, only through email. By the time I found the email everything was gone. I no longer trust any cloud with something and precious as pictures. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your digital content is secure is a top priority. I am very concerned to read that you have lost some precious content. I would like to help make sure we do everything possible to help. How long ago did we send you an email notification? Have you had someone check to see if there is an archive available through your account?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
rachaelj585

I too lost pictures of loved ones that are no longer here. One being my 4 yr old son 😭 is there anyway to get those pictures back? It’s been a couple of years but still holding on to hope 😭🙏🏻

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rachaelj585, it's difficult to learn of your experience. To clarify, you lost your pictures 2 years ago?

0 Likes
ldalpos

My photos and videos were deleted also and I have no other copies.  The automatic deletion was a terrible thing to do.  Verizon should have just warned us that they would charge and then begin charging rather than deleting precious photos and videos.  How can I retrieve them?  I have been a customer for decades and the pictures are of my children growing up!  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes