Stuck in cloud
Mommak79
Enthusiast - Level 1

downloaded the cloud app to my iPhone 4s. It has been in backup mode for 2 days. I've tried closing it and restarting but nothing helps. It has put my contacts to the cloud just not photos. What's up? Should it take this long?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stuck in cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mommak79,

Wow, two days is a long time to still be backing up your pictures. Let's see what is going on. I just have a few more questions for you:

Has the Cloud got any of your photos yet? How much storage do you have available? You can check this in the app when you click on Menu->Settings. It will show storage amount and what/when/how to back up.

Also, is your iPhone connected to Wifi while it is running? If your device goes to "sleep" the backup will pause. I recommend having your device on the charger and then change the back light time out to stay on so the Cloud can run.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Mommak79
Enthusiast - Level 1

As far as storage I haven't used any. Also I already set my phone to not go off. When I click on the photo option on the home screen it says no photos available. I just signed up for the app and created an account and this is where I am.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mommak79 thank you for the information so far. I want to start by sharing this with you http://spr.ly/6583CNSv . Just to give you a step by step manual for the Cloud in case you should ever need it now or in the future.

Lets see you have the iPhone 4s. Have you downloaded the Verizon Cloud app on your phone from the app store? Have you set the cloud to back up anything besides your pictures (contacts, music, etc) ? If so, do you see any of that information when you log into the Verizon Cloud?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Mommak79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I did download app from App Store. Also I did download contacts by accident. I can pull those up when I click on contacts. But still not able to get photos. Thank you for trying to help.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mommak79 I appreciate your patience and cooperation here! In the phone lets first turn off wifi. Then lets go into the app itself. On the upper left do you see the bars in the corner? Lets choose those. Then pick photos. Once you do so there are 3 dots in the upper right. When you click on that do you see the option to Back up now?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Mommak79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried what you suggested but there were no dots to chose. I just get the same screen that says no photos are uploaded.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mommak79,

Thanks for trying that! Are the pictures still on your phone? If you signed into your Verizon Cloud online via a computer are you able to view the pictures there?

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the Verizon Cloud App and retry. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
Mommak79
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's funny because I have tried both options. I just don't know. I even went through my photos and deleted several. My contacts are on the cloud so maybe it will just be a long process. Thanks for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Mommak79,

We know how important it is to back up picture messages! Lets dig a little deeper. How many pictures do you have on the device? When you log in online are some of your pictures starting to appear http://spr.ly/6588C79Y ?  Please click on the link and login. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
0 Likes