Text Messages in Cloud
mattsmom87

Last week I had to have the motherboard replaced in my Galaxy S4.  I back up to Verizon cloud regularly.  When I signed in to the cloud the first time after the board replacement, all of my text message history had been saved.  When I signed in today to retrieve an old message, they are all gone and there are no messages are saved.  Any thoughts on why?  I am nowhere near my storage limit.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messages in Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mattsmom87!

I want you to be able to get your messages! Let's try some troubleshooting. Have you tried logging in with a different browser? What information is still showing?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

I having issues with the Cloud too. TrevorC_VZW has had me try everything under the world to including reseting the phone. At this time even if the Cloud does backup messages we can't restore them. I went from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and had identified and issue at that time. My count of backed up messages is over 1600 and climbing but unfortunately can't restore back to phone. Verizon has changed their Message app to Message Plus which uses integrated messaging that backs up not to the could and only saves them for 90 days. We are stuck for the time being with backing messages to the SD card.

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

ChristinaB_VZW

Text messages in the Cloud can only me seen via the Cloud App. It is not available through computer browsers.

0 Likes
mattsmom87

I logged in with my laptop and they are not there. Pictures, Videos, Contacts, Documents, and Music show.  Makes sense after reading your reply below.  I did just access cloud with my phone and it is showing messages saved along with everything else I see on my laptop.  Not sure how to read the saved messages, though.  It tells me to go to the message app and I'm not sure what that means.

0 Likes
kad7777

Why are there never any resolutions to these posts?

0 Likes
gpeterden
Contributor - Level 2

kad7777 the manufacturer release an update that correct the issue that the Galaxy Note 4 was having. Verizon doesn't own the app software and had to go back and forth with the companies to resolve. I ended up being a beta test for the update and spent days and hours on the phone with a live person testing each patch. It took about a month being without my phone, which I didn't care as long as progress was happening. We should remember to post our findings when completed which is my fault. I had so many strings open to get Verizon to respond that I forgot to close all the ones I had opened.

0 Likes