Transfer Messages From Cloud To My Replacement Phone
Dominic1967

I cracked the screen on my LG G6 and Verizon (Asurion) replaced it next day. Simple process. When I synced my new phone from the old one, all my stuff came over (that I can tell) except my messages. My cloud account shows 22 thousand and none of them have synced back, though I am logged into my cloud account and the app is up to date. How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Dominic

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer Messages From Cloud To My Replacement Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dominic1967, getting your messages back is a must. Let's get this figured out. Are you using Verizon Messages or the standard text messaging app? Is the Cloud App up to date?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dominic1967

Yes, the app is up to date, as I mentioned in my post.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 1:24 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Dominic1967

Standard text messaging app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dominic1967, we always want to ensure that you have all the data you need on your current device. Thanks for keeping us posted regarding the application being up to date and that you're using the standard messaging app for your convenience. To better assist you, we'd like to ask a few additional clarifying questions. Can you tell us the steps you took to view the 22,000 messages that are shown as saved to your Verizon Cloud profile? Since you've already received your replacement phone, can you tell us if the replacement has been fully activated? What steps did you perform to sync the old phone to the new phone and which phone was active during this process? We'd also like to know if you still have both phones with you. If so, does the original phone with the cracked screen still function?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes