Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Update/refreshing tagging within Verizon cloud
BattleRoyal66

Does anyone know how the tagging within Verizon cloud gets updated to see more faces?  I have over 1k photos and the face recognition has not picked up very many faces.

0 Likes
Re: Update/refreshing tagging within Verizon cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BattleRoyal66, do you have the Tag and Search option enabled on your Verizon Cloud app?

-Joshua

0 Likes
BattleRoyal66

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

BattleRoyal66, do you have the Tag and Search option enabled on your Verizon Cloud app?

-Joshua

Hey Joshua,

Yes I have it turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BattleRoyal66, thank you for clarifying. The tag feature isn't available in all locations. Based on the state or country where the photo was taken (if location information is available for that photo), certain photos may not appear in a search result or in a People album you want to name. If the tag appears to work on some photos and not others, it is possibly the result of this stipulation. 

-Joshua

0 Likes
BattleRoyal66

That's interesting because some of the pictures it recognizes are in the same place and with the same camera that it does recognize these faces.  Do you feel it is best to remove geolocation from the pictures before they're uploaded so the tagging will work?

0 Likes
BattleRoyal66

That's interesting because some of the pictures it recognizes are in the same place and with the same camera that it does recognize these faces.  They have the same geolocation on both pics yet it doesn't recognize the face.  Do you feel it is best to remove geolocation from the pictures before they're uploaded so the tagging will work?

I don't feel it is refreshing.  If I turn tagging off and wait 24 hours and then turn it back on will it rescan all the pictures that have been uploaded because I feel like it is not rescanning pictures as they are uploaded?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BattlyeRoyal66, do you have the latest version of the app? What type of device do you have? Have you done any other troubleshooting steps?

-Joshua

0 Likes
BattleRoyal66

Hey Joshua,

Yes I have the latest version the app on my phone.  I am using a Samsung Note 9.  

The next thing I was going to try was turn it off and then wait and turn it back on to see if it picks up more and new faces.

Unless you have other suggestions or ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, BattleRoyal66. Have you tried deleting the app, and then reinstalling it? This would be a good step to try after the one you mentioned. Please keep us updated. 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes