V Cloud - problem deleting documents from PC
JUDWAT42

V Cloud started backing up my desktop, I'm not sure how, but I repeatedly got message that my storage is full.  I used the desktop app to stop the uploading, and signed on via the web to start deleting files from V Cloud.  But after deleting a batch of documents it is hung-up when I click documents - it is trying to find some document that is says is not there and will not show the other documents so I can delete.  I can still see photos, videos, contacts but documents "grays out" and flashes a window that shows a path to a file that it says it can't find (one that I deleted earlier).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: V Cloud - problem deleting documents from PC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know its important to have documents removed from your computer. I'm sorry you're having issues JUDWAT42.  What operating system do you have?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JUDWAT42

First let’s be clear - the problem is that somehow the V cloud backed up my desktop computer (I did not want that and as far as I know I didn’t request that – it seems to have happened as a default from your software). This huge amount of data caused my free V cloud storage limit of 5 GB to be exceeded leading to messages every few seconds on my computer.

What I need is for you to remove the documents that came from my computer from the V Cloud (not to remove them from my computer) Your statement “We know its important to have documents removed from your computer.” Makes me wonder what you understand.

The operating system is Windows 10 – why should that make any difference to what you are doing to remove documents from the V Cloud?

All I want the V cloud to do is to provide the Cloud service for our Verizon cell phones – all are the Droid Mini. I have removed the desktop app from my computer and intend to leave it that way. The only way that it got installed was because various popup windows from Verizon Cloud kept appearing on my desktop and it (agreeing to downloading the desktop app) seemed to be the only way to make them go away. Bad decision on my part but even worse marketing on the part of Verizon.

Anyway please fix. We are happy Verizon telephone customers.

I use MS One Drive for my PC cloud backups and it is absolutely no problem to control, it does what I ask – no more, no less, it can easily see what is there, edit, delete, modify, etc. Your Verizon Cloud seems fine for phone support but a disaster when dealing with PC’s.

Let me know if you need any more info and please let me know when this is done.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you clarifying JUDWAT42. How long have you had the issue of not being able to delete your documents? Are you following these http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-126145/ steps? Have you tried deleting them from your cell phone?

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JUDWAT42

I have tried it using the steps in your hypertext from my desktop and my lap top – it works for a few pictures and/or videos but the document tab will not display the approx. 4 GB + files there because it is looking for a file that is not there – don’t you guys and or gals actually read the case file??? This is all explained there more than once. Your system for letting me manage my files in V Cloud is messed up – even in pictures it only allows me to delete a few to trash before it gives an error message –

If you can fix your system so I don’t get the message about searching for the file that it can’t find, I might be able to eventually after many days get these documents deleted from V Cloud but your earlier chat person said you experts could do it much better and in batch mode.

I have not tried from the cell phone, I cannot imagine that an operation that does not work in the browsers on my PC’s would work better in the browsers on my cell phone which is much more difficult to manipulate. Is there some “magic way” from the cell phone? If so you will have to tell me how.

George (on behalf of Judith)

0 Likes
JUDWAT42

Just a little further info. I can find a few of my documents by search for various words, in documents, and I can delete the documents so found, but if the search terms lead to a document that used to be there but is now deleted, it pops up the path that can’t be found and does not display any files. When I try a search with no characters (which should bring up all documents it gives the cant find path window. ith my previous searches and deletes I have been able to cut it from 5 Gb to 4.8 Gb but since almost all search terms run into this “can’t find’ wall, I’ll never be able to delete all or even a large part – You must fix this.

George (for Judith)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate all the details you have provided, JUDWAT42. To confirm, this all started when you deleted a file, and now that deleted file is causing an error message, and not allow you to view/delete VZCloud backup content that is from a particular folder on your PC? Is the file extension one routing from your PC? Was that specific file deleted from your computer initially, or from the cloud; which led to this error message?

There may need to be a ticket filed to get this viewed by our IT team. For faster service, I do recommend reaching out to our tech support at 1-800-922-0204.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Re: V Cloud - problem deleting documents from PC
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

@judwat42 - George, try this.  On  go to the cloud website, click the All Files link on the left, click My Computer and keep clicking the folders until you get to the source folder and try deleting them there. If you are still getting errors that it can't find a file to delete, you will have to follow VZW's suggestion to open a ticket for their Tier 3 people to investigate as it could be something out of sync with your cloud account. You can try contacting the website developers with the feedback link in the cloud website found under the ? on the home screen to see if they have any ideas.

0 Likes