Verizon Cloud 25GB being deactivated
jtorres230

It is pretty sad that the grandfathered free Verizon Cloud 25GB memory are being deactivated. 25 GB is not a whole lot to begin with and was an original feature for many people to sign up. Yes, there are tons of free memory services such as Google Photos to use, now spending hours figuring out how to transfer them is sad. Receiving an email from Verizon trying to pay $5 extra per line for extra memory or you will lose your photos, videos and music. This is a reflection on how something small Verizon tries to nickel and dime someone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud 25GB being deactivated
jimmyw18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same thing. I just made a post regarding this matter as well. It's false advertisement and I was misled by the Verizon team to renew my contract for my phones and added an additional line due to free cloud storage for photos and other content.

0 Likes
jtorres230

I just called today after receiving the email jimmyw18. It was even humorous when the Verizon operator asked towards the end of the conversation on one of my lines that since one of the lines has used only 2.5 GB that would I like to switch that Line to early to the 2 or 5 GB (don't know what they are being reduced to). I'm still in disbelief lol.

0 Likes
GClayton69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I saw somewhere that they are trying create more space by eliminating the 25 gb plan but they are offering the 500 gb for $5 a month or and here is another promotion of 1 tb for $5 a month. I am nowhere near using all of the 25gb so why would pay $5 or $9.99 a month. This is just a way for Verizon to nickle and dime those of us that do not use a lot of cloud. Those that do need a lot of cloud are probably saying $5 Is a deal. I think I will start using Google Photo and the old reliable flash drive.

0 Likes
Aloha_guy

I just received a text message from 900090005041 stating

"FREE VZW MSG:

Free VZ Cloud expiring, photos/media will be deleated on 12/15

Save files offline or upgrade to Premium $5/mo for 1TB

go.vzw.com/vzcloudpromo"

I go to that website The my verizon website says "NOT FOUND"

is this a scam ???

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless is phasing out free Cloud storage. The company will continue to allow users to backup their contact list for free, but, the days of free media storage are drawing to a close.

I've already moved my content to other Cloud service providers, so, I won't have to do anything once the notification arrives.

Sad that this is happening. I remember how Verizon Wireless migrated users from it's Pix Place service to this Cloud service years ago. Having said that....it won't surprise me if other mobile service providers follow Verizon Wireless's lead.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Hi Aloha_guy  That website only works if you use your phone's browser that the SMS was sent to.  It will not work from any other device.  If you did click on the link in the SMS on your phone, please send a screenshot of your messaging app with the message we sent you, then each screen after it until it stops working so we can get it fixed for you to our developer's mailbox verizoncloud@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes