Verizon Cloud Account: Adding/Editing Contacts.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Been a while since I last posted here in the Wireless boards. 😁

Yesterday I did a full reset my Samsung Galaxy A51 mobile phone. As has been the case, the act of resetting the phone messes up data in the entries in the Contacts section of my Verizon Cloud account.

So, in the past, I'd either edit the entries in the cloud, or delete and rekey the entries on my phone and reload to the cloud via the Verizon Cloud app on my phone.

I first tried to fix one of the entries. Editing entries in the cloud results in the picture assigned to the entry being deleted (this has been a problem for years). When I tried to add the picture to the listing, I received an error message saying, "Profile Picture Image is Empty".

I tried again.... Same error. I logged out and in and tried again. Same error. I saved a copy of the picture to my desktop and converted it from JPG to PNG and tried again. Same error. I then tried to add the picture using my mobile phone running in desktop mode. Same error.

Even more curious, when I try to save a contact entry to my phone, it will initially save to the phone, but, then the phone entry switches to a Google entry. I am unable to save contacts to the phone despite specifying "phone" when choosing a location.

I haven't had a need to mouse with my contact list for a while, but I'm wondering if the latest update pushed to my Samsung A51 has something to do with what I am seeing. 🤔

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Account: Adding/Editing Contacts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear about the issues you're having when it comes to using the Verizon Cloud on your device, Dexman. I appreciate you sharing these details and let me as a couple of questions to help with the issue. To clarify, did you do a complete back up of your device? What's the software version your are using on this device?    -Ed

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Ed...

Yes, I keep my phone fully backed up via my Google, Samsung and Verizon Wireless accounts. I have my Verizon Wireless account limited to backing up only my contacts while Google & Samsung cloud accounts backup everything (Contacts, app lists etc.)

My A51's current software is Android 11:

One UI version: 3.1

Kernel version: 4.14.113

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dexman, please respond to the Private Note sent, so we can get some more info. *Joshua

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Disregard.....

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The issue of having images disappear when a contact that has been saved to Verizon's Cloud is edited remains to this day.

As was noted earlier, this has been an ongoing problem for quite some time.

I'm hoping that Verizon can issue a statement explaining if this is something that it is capable of fixing or is it something that users will need to expect and make accommodations for. 🤔

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. It sounds like there may be more than one back up on the device. This issue occurs more commonly if there is more than one back up for the same issue. It creates a conflict. For example, with an Android depending on the Android itself, information may be backed up to the Verizon Cloud, and Samsung Backup, and Google directly too. If this is the case, it is recommend to utilize only one. As the conflict most commonly occurs due to all trying to back up and restore information as close to instantly as possible, which creates an issue in updating information. I hope this makes sense. *Gert

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the problem occurred exclusively on my smartphone, I might be able to agree with that suggestion (although it opens up more questions).

However, as noted, the problem also happens when editing using a Windows computer running Edge (and possibly IE).

I purposely keep the contact list on my computer separate from the contact list on my smartphone (no overlap whatsoever).

My smartphone backs up to itself, Samsung's Cloud service. Google's Cloud service and Verizon's Cloud service.

My computer backs up to Outlook.

To further extend my thought that this is a bug in Verizon's system. I've tried to edit the contacts in Verizon's Cloud system using multiple computers.... Same results.

The only thing that I haven't tried is to edit using an Apple device as I do not own any.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. To clarify further, are you stating these computers do not have an internet connection when editing them? I am asking as when making the edits you would still have the same issue if there is an internet connection. The way to verify this would be to start from a fresh device that only connects to a single cloud service. For example if you have a device that is not connected to the network currently such as an old device. If you test it using that device and notice that the issue is not being duplicated, then it may still be an issue if multiple clouds are trying to sync against each other. The problem with this issue on a few levels is that syncing will attempt to occur if you are connected to the internet regardless of what source is being used afterwards, as it will try to sync to the cloud, then to the phone if there is an internet connection. I hope this information helps. *Gert

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gert,

I am not editing or updating any other database when editing the Verizon Cloud database. I am accessing the Verizon Cloud only. On the computers it is done via a browser to the proper Verizon web page.

If there was no Internet connection, I would not be able to access the web page.