I do not know how to use this question thing but I see yall got some answers here from Verizon so I wish to try this. I cannot get the "Settings" feature of my cloud app for PC to ungrey. I need to access this feature. How do I get it to light up???
Gladhatter, we fully understand that you want to access the Settings. However, we are asking what Setting you are looking to adjust. We ask because most Settings for the Verizon Cloud service are only found when accessing the online Verizon Cloud service and not the desktop app.
I think you are not understanding that I accidentally and unrelated to this app discharged the dialogue that normally would be released if the settings was not greyed out and I found there both features I wished.
1. Relocate local directory for cloud storage items. ( now in truth, I not only wished to relocated that directory but would prefer to not have a local copy of the files I send to the cloud or at least now a redundant copy that I choose to not make or have but the app forces on me.
2. The archive feature... Again in a desperate attempt to keep cloud storage files but not keep them on local drive.
Now I purchased a fairly large storage with this cloud feature and I wish you to make the parts of it that are supposed to work to do so or else I wish to discontinue to use your service and purchase more one drive or other space and use that.
We deeply apologize, but we are not aware the features you are wanting for the desktop app. Please contact our Verizon Cloud support team by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am sorry to be so dump to not word this so well. The feature I wish is shown greyed out above in the screen shot. That feature is "SETTINGS" on the desktop app. If you read my other post you can see that that feature did launch earlier today but not via a click on the app but some other way that I am not sure of what happened but now do know the feature is available as it did launch but now just need to get the grey out tab lighted so it will work,
Adding in here:
1) You can Quit and re-launch the Desktop App in that same settings panel to refresh the Desktop provisioning. It appears, too, in the background Provisioning that messages was being selected, and that requires that your device allow access to your SMS/MMS application. While not PC-related it is also not a bad backup to have, and related to the alert your screenshot displayed.
2) I also see an additional Verizon Tab in your browser setup. is that also a Desktop App access tab, or a part of the My Verizon schemea?
3) You can email the Cloud Support address earlier provided to get with a specific Desktop App Rep to assist you. For thread's sake it also means that the resolution can then be posted here for searchability while sparing a longer thread, as well as allowing us to exchange/view personal settings and data not otherwise suitable to a public forum.
Gladhatter We are always anxious to help our customers with any questions they may have. Please provide us with additional details as to what you are looking for.