Verizon Cloud Desktop App starts automatically....
tigrca01
Enthusiast - Level 2

...and I'd like to stop it from doing that.

Windows 7, installed the Cloud app about a week ago.

At first, whenever I started my computer, the Cloud app would start and both the app window and the log-in screen would pop up.

I don't like that, but found no way to change it in the app's settings; so I edited my start-up file and removed the Cloud app from it.

The app window itself no longer pops up, but the log-in screen still does.

How do I keep that from happening?

Thanks.

(just as a note, I did search the forum and found one other person who asked this question back in February, with no answer received)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud Desktop App starts automatically....
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Ok.  I was able to reproduce getting the login screen.  I like a good puzzle. 

If you want the app running to take advantage of the new sync folder or backup your computer and not get the login screen every time, then uncheck show desktop, check open at sign-in and check remember me.  Don't sign out or you will get the login screen.

If you don't want the app running then you can either uninstall the app or modify the registry settings (warning, this is not for the faint of heard and if done incorrectly it can cause major problems with your computer).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Two options that I see.  1) Log into the app, go to the settings tab, uncheck open at sign-in, and uncheck show dashboard at signin.  or 2) uninstall the app from your windows control panel.

0 Likes
tigrca01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, NJ.

I already had "open at sign-in" unchecked; now I've also unchecked "show dashboard".

I'll let you know.

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

hmmm, the login screen (where you enter your userid/password) seems to be controlled by the open at signin and the screen that shows how much cloud storage is being used seems to be controlled by the show dashboard setting.  Let us know how it works for you.

0 Likes
tigrca01
Enthusiast - Level 2

The login screen still comes up.

I guess it's just me, but I don't get the logic behind how some things work.

I can't set it not to run at start-up; but I can set it not to sync or backup or do anything once it's running. Where's the sense in that?

I know, I can just close it; but I shouldn't have to.

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

What version do you have?  I'm using 15.3.7.8.  I also have Remember me checked.   Maybe that's the difference. 

0 Likes
tigrca01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same version.

I think I'm going to un- and re-install; see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, I'm just gonna ditch it from my laptop.

I'm too guarded (which you may read as old and paranoid lol).

Thanks much for your time and effort, NJ.

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Ok.  I was able to reproduce getting the login screen.  I like a good puzzle. 

If you want the app running to take advantage of the new sync folder or backup your computer and not get the login screen every time, then uncheck show desktop, check open at sign-in and check remember me.  Don't sign out or you will get the login screen.

If you don't want the app running then you can either uninstall the app or modify the registry settings (warning, this is not for the faint of heard and if done incorrectly it can cause major problems with your computer).

0 Likes