drain all morning. They just need to make it back up only while charging. I

bought an oversized battery because of this app, and it still drained 15%

of it in an hour this morning. My battery is 8500mah should last days not

hours.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Eating Battery Life
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

It is frustrating having battery life being reduced because of using the Cloud application, Clider57. I appreciate the steps you took to try to resolve the issues and let me continue working to get the problem fixed. Have you updated any apps recently or installed a new one? Are some apps running in the background that can use up your battery? Please use this link to help with adjusting your Power Saver Settings on the device http://tiny.cc/qw0cgy and let me know if you need more assistance.

EdwinW_VZW         

Follow us on

Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CLIDER57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find this issue began right after my phone updated to 6.0 Marshmallow. I

even use Greenify to kill other apps. The cloud app is always way at the

top of the battery hogs list, even worst than me playing a video game

apparently.

0 Likes
citapinc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clider57:

I had to force stop, clear cache, uninstall updates then disable the app totally to stop the battery drain.  The app is still disabled to this day.

0 Likes
Sandman_CA
Contributor - Level 2

The Verizon Cloud app is still a mess I get a near-identical battery drain as you do. OS Monitor confirms that the app uses about 31% of resources, even when it's not backing up. There is a serious issue with this application, which hasn't been fixed. For whatever reason, they don't seem to have a clue about how to resolve the problem..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don’t want your phone draining batter, Sandman_CA. Let’s take a closer look into your concerns and see what’s going on with your battery drain. How many hours of a charge does a full charge normally allow? What is the phone being used for? Are all apps including the Cloud, up to date?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Katmeat
Enthusiast - Level 2

This battery sucking app desperately needs a setting feature added allowing syncing only when charging, or only once per day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Managing your content the way you want to is important, Katmeat. I definitely want this feature as I do not want my content to be syncing all the time. I will be forwarding this feedback so our team can look into this. Thank you so much for your feedback.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GBUNDERSEA

My S5 has all updates, no new apps, Cloud set to night and Wi-Fi only. I keep my phone VERY lean, with no garbage apps running in the background. Yet, Cloud KILLS my battery, exactly as others have reported. It's always the #1 user of power. If I do a force stop, the drain goes to normal, but within a short time Cloud somehow reactivates and the power consumption skyrockets back to where it was before. NOTE: This has been consistent even when using different brand-new batteries.

I want to use Cloud for backup, but having to force stop it several times a day is a real hassle. If I forget to force stop Cloud, my battery can fall dangerously low, even with the phone just sitting.

My thought is that Cloud must be constantly monitoring and perhaps indexing changes to content, even when set to run only at night. By "run", I'm guessing that means "backup". So, while Cloud may not be backing up during the day, it is certainly doing other CPU-intensive tasks which are obviously VERY heavy on resources, thus killing battery life.

This problem has been around a LONG time, and has been very widely reported. Speaking as an old programmer, I think it should be easy to make the "night only" option apply to all Cloud tasks, not just the actual backup. If a user chooses only to back up at night, then it's not a big deal to look for changed content at that time, rather than doing so constantly during the day.

Also, exactly what is "night?" That is very ambiguous. A far better option would be to select either constant backup, or specific start/end times.

This is a VERY serious bug, and needs to be escalated and treated as a top priority.

0 Likes