Verizon Cloud Flashbacks
dliteful8956

I have been getting a flashbacks notification for my photos from July 10-July 16 multiple times a day.  Normally when I look at the flashbacks the notification does not show again.  This has been happening daily, multiple times for over a week.  The Flashbacks icon on the bottom of the screen is red.  How do I clear this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud Flashbacks
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The icon should be red in the bottom action bar as that indicates the 'Active Tab'.  You'll see the same behavior if you tap on other tabs, and in other data classes.

Your Flashback collection is generated between 12:00 and 20:00 each Sunday in the server, and if you have notifications toggled 'on' for Flashbacks your device will alert you (Settings -> Notifications Manager).  That you see multiple notifications indicates a loss of proper sync to the server.  Please try an App Rest (NOTE: this only affects local app settings and not your saved data)

iOS: Delete and reload a new copy.  Be on good WiFi and launch.  Follow steps and allow to fully re-sync and scan for new content.

Android:

• Make sure you are on a good WiFi connection if possible, else follow the additional steps at the end.
  • Open Settings Page on your Device, and navigate to the App Settings area.  Open VZ Cloud.
  • Tap on “Storage”
  • Tap on “Clear Data” (or “Clear Storage”) NOTE: This will NOT remove any content already backed up.
  • Restart the Device
  • Launch Verizon Cloud, and follow the provisioning steps as they appear.
  • If you are prompted to ‘Complete Your Profile” you may say “Not Now”. You can complete it later in the Settings Page under My Account.
  • A Media Backup/Contact Sync will start running and is looking for WiFi. If you have a signal Backup/Sync will happen.
  • If You were not able to have WiFi in Step #1, then cancel the back up and manually re-launch the backup by tapping on the icon a second time.  This will permit Network Data to be used this time.

If this did not help, use the "Get Help - Send Feedback" option in the App to issue a ticket to the support team, who will then email you back for 1:1 assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

The icon should be red in the bottom action bar as that indicates the 'Active Tab'.  You'll see the same behavior if you tap on other tabs, and in other data classes.

Your Flashback collection is generated between 12:00 and 20:00 each Sunday in the server, and if you have notifications toggled 'on' for Flashbacks your device will alert you (Settings -> Notifications Manager).  That you see multiple notifications indicates a loss of proper sync to the server.  Please try an App Rest (NOTE: this only affects local app settings and not your saved data)

iOS: Delete and reload a new copy.  Be on good WiFi and launch.  Follow steps and allow to fully re-sync and scan for new content.

Android:

• Make sure you are on a good WiFi connection if possible, else follow the additional steps at the end.
  • Open Settings Page on your Device, and navigate to the App Settings area.  Open VZ Cloud.
  • Tap on “Storage”
  • Tap on “Clear Data” (or “Clear Storage”) NOTE: This will NOT remove any content already backed up.
  • Restart the Device
  • Launch Verizon Cloud, and follow the provisioning steps as they appear.
  • If you are prompted to ‘Complete Your Profile” you may say “Not Now”. You can complete it later in the Settings Page under My Account.
  • A Media Backup/Contact Sync will start running and is looking for WiFi. If you have a signal Backup/Sync will happen.
  • If You were not able to have WiFi in Step #1, then cancel the back up and manually re-launch the backup by tapping on the icon a second time.  This will permit Network Data to be used this time.

If this did not help, use the "Get Help - Send Feedback" option in the App to issue a ticket to the support team, who will then email you back for 1:1 assistance.

0 Likes
dliteful8956
  • Thank you. This did resolve the problem. 
0 Likes