Verizon Cloud Permissions
srbrz

I never agreed to terms & conditions of Verizon Cloud and therefore never used the app. I have been getting "Flashback" notifications with deleted photos. Has Verizon Cloud been syncing my photos etc without my permission?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Permissions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Srbrz, I can certainly understand the concern with your content being backed up without your permission. I do have some good news for you. In order to create the best Verizon Cloud experience, content isn’t automatically set to be backed up. For more information here is more information on the Verizon Cloud feature: http://spr.ly/65838cMZ3  Initially, when you activate your phone, you set up Verizon Cloud services as well. This is when the backup/sync may have taken place, as it can be easily done. How long have you had your current phone? When did you first start noticing these “Flashbacks?”

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
srbrz

I've had my phone since November 2015. I started getting "Flashback" notifications sometime in 2016.

The latest one I received had a faded out partial image of a photo I hadn't had on my phone (or backed up in any format) since the summer. This was the first image of a deleted photo I had seen in one of these notifications. The ones before never showed any content. 

I cleared out the cache (which had somehow amassed to 518 MB despite me not ever opening or using this app) and disabled Verizon Cloud app (as I said I don't want to use this service) on my phone.

I appreciate your reply, but it's not the answer to my question:  have my photos, texts, etc, actually been syncing into Verizon Cloud even though I never signed up for the service? And do I now have to sign up to this unwanted service in order to see whether my already deleted content is backed up?

If I have to agree to Terms and Conditions to even open the app and use the service--why would Verizon be syncing any of my photos to begin with?

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate the additional details you provided about what's going on with these notifications. I know I wouldn't want to see this on my phone too. I can help fix this. When you receive these notifications, does it say it's coming from Verizon Cloud? Did you use another back up service previously? To answer you question about why Verizon Cloud would back up your phone's content, this would only be done by the set up of the app. If you were not using the app, your phone's content wouldn't be backed up.

0 Likes
srbrz

Yes--all these notification say "Flashbacks" from Verizon Cloud.

I never backed up anything on my phone--through Verizon Cloud or anything else. As far as the Verizon Cloud app, I never even opened it (never had access because I never agreed to the terms/conditions).

When I got my current phone, the Verizon rep transferred contacts from my previous phone--but that was a flip phone with no access to the Verizon Cloud app and didn't have any of the photos showing in the notification.

I appreciate your help; I hope clearing the cache for the Verizon Cloud app took care of this issue and, as you said, Verizon had not backed up my content without my permission since I haven't been using the app.

Either way, I've disabled app so I shouldn't be seeing any notification, though I question if it still has access to my content.

0 Likes