Verizon Cloud Trashed My Contacts
JF321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried to use Verizon Cloud to backup my contacts.  The first thing I noticed is that it said it was backing up only six of my contacts.  Then after it was "done" it only showed one.  Tried several attempts at performing the backup.  Nothing changed; it said it was backing up only 6 and actually backed up one.

I then went back into my contacts and noticed it had trashed the one contact it actually backed up.  Several days later I went to my contacts to make a phone call and noticed it had removed some of my important phone numbers.  Verizon Cloud has been removed from my phone and home computers.

I should have tried the Verizon Cloud before I changed plans to get more space on this worthless application.  I gave up my free 2x upgrade on my data just for this?  Verizon ... you have some work to do!!  It won't be long before the word gets out on this SLOW and DESTRUCTIVE application.

I sure wish there was a way to go back to my old plan and get my free 2x upgrade on my data.  Verizon ... are you listening?!?!?!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Trashed My Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to learn of the issues that you are experiencing with the Verizon Cloud, JF321! There are no reported issues with the cloud so these issues concern me. Were the contacts backed up anywhere else? Have we filed a resolution ticket?

Which mobile device do you have? Share the additional details so that I can assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JF321
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, don't tell me that there are no reported issues regarding the Verizon Cloud messing with contact lists.  A Google search reveals many complaints in these regards.

Yes, my contacts were also backed up using Google services.  However, after your services changed my contact information it was updated quickly by Google services.  I had to manually rebuild my contact list after your services trashed my contacts.

No, a resolution ticket was never filed.  And just what good is that going to do?

I have a Galaxy Note 3 as my current phone.

It took me so long to reply as I was having major surgery and was unable to reply to your request.

BTW ... as of now I would like to go back to my previous plan with the 4 GB of data.  One of the factors in changing plans was the anticipation of using Verizon Cloud as my backup.  As of now, Verizon Cloud not only trashed my contact list, it is VERY, VERY slow.  It said it would take DAYS to backup just my 16 GB of music.  Honestly, tell me what good a backup system is that takes DAYS?!?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your information, JF321. I can tell that this issue has caused a lot of grief for you. I see that you've had to take some time away from us as well. We wish you a speedy recovery.

As Lena stated, this is not a widely reported issue. While I have the greatest respect for Google searches, not all of those posting about such things may have had the solid insight that you had in actually bringing it to our attention.

Filing a resolution ticket is exactly as it states: Investigate what went wrong, and then do all we can to fix it so that it will a) restore/repair the problem, b) ensure that it doesn't happen again, or c) do both!

I can help you with both the change to your plan and the resolution ticket. Please accept my request to follow your handle , and then send me a request to follow me (DionM_VZW). Instructions are at this link: http://vz.to/1gBiqkv

0 Likes
NikkiDog

JF321, thank you for your post. I am having the same problem trying to backup my contacts. Goes through a very fast backup of one contact. Thanks to you I got the cloud app off my Droid Razr Maxx before it damaged my contact list.

0 Likes
marydmytruk

Duplicate post - please see:

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
bigD97

thanks for confirming my suspicion.  sitting here waiting on a sync that's never going to end.  same symptoms here, droid razr maxx - sync from phone it instantly says successful, log in to the cloud and see no contacts listed.  tried to sync from cloud and the progress bar shows no progress, and no signs it's even doing anything.  i killed the process, went to my google account on my phone, hit SYNC ALL and tah-dah, 15 seconds everything i needed for my new phone has been backed up.  verizon cloud is ridiculous slow, it hijacks my pc's speed & connection, and it's full of bugs.  garbage. 

0 Likes
CaptPetecard
Enthusiast - Level 1

On a Samsung Galaxy S5:

1. Go to the Play Store

2. Search for "Cloud", a Verizon app

3. Click "Unintstall" (Updates)

-CaptPetecard

0 Likes