Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,075 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Verizon Cloud app version 18.6.16 and iOS 12.0.1 problem
NeutronJohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Cloud app (version 18.6.16, non-premium, contacts only) will not sync changes I make to contacts in Verizon Cloud (using the Verizon website) to my iPhone (iOS 12.0.1, 5s). When I click on the sync icon, it says "sync in progress" but the iPhone contacts do not change and it never says "sync complete". Changes I make to my iPhone contacts using my iPhone are still saved in the Verizon Cloud. I do not use iTunes. One possibility is that the recent Apple update to iOS 12.0.1 has affected the Verizon Cloud app on my iPhone. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud app version 18.6.16 and iOS 12.0.1 problem
NeutronJohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

First let me say that when I opened the Verizon Cloud app on my iPhone today (10/21/18) it synced with the Verizon Cloud and loaded all the changes I had made in the Verizon Cloud from my PC. So my problem is fixed, even though I don't know how it got fixed. Previously, I had made changes to my Contact list in the Verizon Cloud by using my PC and the Chrome browser, logging in to the verizonwireless.com web site, navigating to My Cloud, and making changes to my Contact list. The changes were accepted in the Verizon database, so there was no need to repeat that with a different browser (in fact, there was nothing to repeat, as the changes were already in the database). The problem is that those changes would not sync to my iPhone. My iPhone was powered on when trying to sync. I had followed the steps given in the first link in the post directly preceding this one. The problem was that after I clicked on the Sync icon (2 arrows going in a circle), it said sync had started, but never gave me the "sync completed" message, and never actually synced to my iPhone. But the iPhone did a successful sync today, so my problem is fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NeutronJohn, thank you for reaching out to us. We want to ensure you get this concern resolved. What steps have you taken to attempt to resolve this issue? We want to avoid repeating unnecessary steps.

0 Likes
NeutronJohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went back to My Cloud (and the Contacts section) on the verizonwireless.com web site today and tried to sync again, with the exact same unsuccessful results. I click on the sync icon, it tells me it is starting the sync, but nothing changes on my phone and I never get the "sync complete message. I don't know of anything else to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NeutronJohn,

Being able to successfully sync your updated contact information using Verizon Cloud is fundamental, and I am confident we will get to the bottom of this for you. It sounds like your phone syncs with online, but the online system isn't cooperating or communicating properly with your iPhone 5S. I have a couple of quick questions for you so I can gather more details. What change do you see if you use an alternate browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) to make the alterations to your contacts? Is your iPhone powered on when going through the syncing of data? Also, to ensure we're both in alignment with the steps you're taking, here is a link to the online Verizon Cloud steps for syncing contacts: http://spr.ly/6585D7wvH and this link guides you through the process of editing a contact: http://spr.ly/6586D7wvy

Please be sure to keep us posted with your success!

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NeutronJohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

First let me say that when I opened the Verizon Cloud app on my iPhone today (10/21/18) it synced with the Verizon Cloud and loaded all the changes I had made in the Verizon Cloud from my PC. So my problem is fixed, even though I don't know how it got fixed. Previously, I had made changes to my Contact list in the Verizon Cloud by using my PC and the Chrome browser, logging in to the verizonwireless.com web site, navigating to My Cloud, and making changes to my Contact list. The changes were accepted in the Verizon database, so there was no need to repeat that with a different browser (in fact, there was nothing to repeat, as the changes were already in the database). The problem is that those changes would not sync to my iPhone. My iPhone was powered on when trying to sync. I had followed the steps given in the first link in the post directly preceding this one. The problem was that after I clicked on the Sync icon (2 arrows going in a circle), it said sync had started, but never gave me the "sync completed" message, and never actually synced to my iPhone. But the iPhone did a successful sync today, so my problem is fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NeutronJohn,

Thank you for the details. I'm happy to hear that everything is working now and your information is synced. We're always here to help. Do you have any additional questions or concerns I can help you with?

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes