Verizon Cloud deleted all my data after a factory reset.
parker8

Hello! My LG V10 was having some issues, so I factory reset it. Before the reset, I had all my contacts, calls, and texts backed up on the Verizon Cloud. These even went as far back as messages also from my previous phone. When I opened the Verizon Cloud App for the first time after the reset, all of that data was gone, saying I've used none of my storage. Even on the Cloud website it showed all of my data, but now it's saying it doesn't exist. Is there any way to get this data back? It bugs me that all that data was lost from a factory reset that seemed to reset my app or Cloud account. Anyone have any ideas if those messages and contacts can be recovered? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud deleted all my data after a factory reset.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely see how concerning this would be and want to ensure all of your necessary information is restored. To clarify, you are still showing the data online via your My Verizon account correct?
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
parker8

No, the information on the website for my account also shows that there is no data backed up. It was all there before I factory reset my phone on both the app and website, and now after the reset, it shows there is nothing that was backed up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a big fan of saving information to the cloud, I know how I would feel if it suddenly disappeared. Looks like we need to dig a little deeper into this one. Please send us a private message by visiting our Facebook page or sending us a DM to ______@VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
J14wrig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure when it started to be honest. I just started updating my calendar after the update and noticed I wasn't getting invite responses.

0 Likes
J14wrig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have either a fb acct nor a Twitter acct. Not sure why social media is the only way to communicate with tech support...

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You can also communicate with Techsupport by phone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be comfortable in the way in which you communicate with us. You can also reach our tech support team at 800.922.0204.

NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes