Verizon Cloud doesn't back up VIDEOS that are stored in the "Pictures" folder
mkazen1968

Just started using Verizon Cloud, and the instructions say that it backs up all photos and videos that are stored in the "Pictures" folder and sub folders under it.  It's ONLY backing up the PHOTOS in sub directories there, NOT videos.  Any way to get it to back up the videos as I organized my pictures and videos in sub folders under the Pictures folder?  Android Galaxy S22 Ultra.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud doesn't back up VIDEOS that are stored in the "Pictures" folder
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! We understand the importance of backing up your valuable pictures and videos. In the link below, you will find the steps to sync and back-up with Verizon Cloud:

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/

~Maria

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud doesn't back up VIDEOS that are stored in the "Pictures" folder
mkazen1968

Thank you for the stock answer including the FAQ which I already read.  According to that it should backup all videos under the picture folder but it does NOT.  After some experimentation, I discovered that it will back up videos under the DCIM folder only.  Either it's something wrong with my phone specifically or the FAQ is wrong.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback and we're here to help you in any way we can. Many of our team members use Verizon's Cloud service, just as our customers do, to back up our device's stored data (e.g., contacts, pictures, videos, music, etc.). Ensuring that your stored data is backed up is a must. 

Let's dig deeper into this matter.

Typically, when our customers are choosing "What to back up" they initiate the process by accessing/opening the Verizon Cloud icon (From their mobile phone) and following the steps provided here:

1. Settings

2. What to back up (e.g., Contacts, Photos, Videos, Music, Documents)

3. Using check marks to choose what to back up (e.g., Contacts, Photos, Videos, Music, Documents, messages, call history).

Please check to see if you've chosen"Videos" to be backed up.

Thanks! -Robert C.

0 Likes