Verizon Cloud error initialing app
kay35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I just got an new phone (s10e). I tried to used verizon cloud to sync my contact, but i kept getting Error Initializing app. Any one know why or a fix for it?

PS: I cant transfer any data from old phone, because it was overheated.

thanks for advance.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud error initialing app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kay35

I can only imagine the frustrations you're experiencing with not being able to transfer your contacts and data from your previous phone to your newly purchased Samsung Galaxy S10e device. Allow me to help.

At what point after downloading the Verizon Cloud app did you get this error message? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app: http://spr.ly/6604GBbXu?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
kay35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thanks for the reply. I just got my phone, i did the new phone setup thing, and updated every app, including Verizon cloud. then I tried to sync it and i got that message. Then I uninstalled it, and reinstalled. But I still got the error message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kay35

Thanks for trying those steps and for keeping me posted on your results. First, I want to ensure that your cellular data connection is working. Turn off Wi-Fi, and then try to browse the internet or use an app that requires a data connection, like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Were you able to browse the internet or use the app successfully?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
kay35
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, I just turned off wifi and was able to use google chrome and facebook.  But i still got the error message on Verizon cloud app. I tried to check out the terms of service agreement, it said failed to download. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ok. We really appreciate you giving that a try and giving us the update. Let's make sure there's nothing else conflicting with the launch of that app. Can you please try placing the phone into safe mode, and then try launching again. To enter safe mode, please follow the steps here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223011/ You'll have a small Safe Mode layover on your screen to confirm you're there. Then, please test and let us know your results. You can exit safe mode after with just a normal restart. Thanks! We'll be standing by! EricW_VZW

0 Likes
CR0520
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue! 

CR0520
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same exact issue!

0 Likes
CR0520
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon cloud app is grayed out in safe mode & cannot be accessed 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is correct, while in safe mode you are unable to use data. In order to open or do anything in the cloud you would need to be able to use data. So while in safe mode it will not be an option to use. 

0 Likes