Verizon Cloud has deleted ALL of my phone contacts!
pkj68

Last night, a sync backup occurred between my Galaxy Note 9 and the Verizon Cloud. The ONLY information i have setup to backup to the Verizon Cloud is my contact list.  Somehow this morning, ALL of my contacts in my phone are gone.  Also, All of my contacts in the Verizon Cloud are gone!  There was NO update to the Samsung Contacts app (& i religiously have Google Play auto update of apps turned off).

What is the Sync priority between the informaiton on my phone (contacts) & the Verizon cloud.  How does this happen?  I need my contact information back!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud has deleted ALL of my phone contacts!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pkj68, 

We know how important your contacts are to you. I would be lost without my contact list. Let's get these contacts back. Do you have the option to Restore in your Verizon Cloud Settings? Can you view your Verizon Cloud on a computer to ensure they are not in the Trash accidentally? Here is a great resource on how to use http://spr.ly/6581D0wgW the Verizon Cloud on a computer.

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pkj68

The verizon cloud on the website was wiped clean.  The contacts are NOT in the trash can either.  I want to know if the Verizon Cloud "pushes" information down to my phone which would delete the stored contact information on my phone.  My "Manage Contacts" setting for default storage location is my phone.  I should theoretically be able to delete the ENTIRE contact list in the verizon cloud and have no effect on the contacts stored in my phone.  Somehow the Cloud has just done that though.

I have no other backup accounts setup for my contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh gosh, this is never what we want to hear pkj68. We know how important your Cloud content is. We will want to take a closer look. I have sent you a private message to begin.

Rosanne_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pkj68

Does anyone in the community truly understand the sync relationship between the Verizon Cloud and your phone?  I remember the old Microsoft outlook days where you could actually control the direction & priority of synchronizations and what to do with conflicts/additions/ or deletions.  From this episode, it is pretty clear that the Verizon Cloud will just override the actual phone data.  Can anyone confirm this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want certainly want you to get your contacts back. Verizon Cloud does not push the information which will delete what is stored on the phone. You can delete a contact from the phone, sync, and it will be updated on the website.

Tionna_VZW

0 Likes