Verizon Cloud "Incorrect Password" Error from Phone
RSLanese
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my BlackBerry Classic phone the Verizon Cloud stopped backing up about a month ago and I started receiving random "Contact Sync errors"  This weekend I started receiving random "Invalid Response from Server" errors.  I contacted Verizon Support via phone today and the representative had me delete the app, re-download it from BlackBerry World, and re-install it.  When I try to enter my password, which works from the My Verizon Wireless online website and allows me to see the content that was backed up prior to having problems, I now get an "Incorrect Password!" error on my phone.  As I said, the password works for the website - and the Cloud on my phone pre-populates with my Wireless phone number, but the password does not work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud "Incorrect Password" Error from Phone
deloused
Master - Level 3

When the app populates your mobile number as the user id to sign in to the cloud does it include any dashes, spaces or other symbols within or after the number?

RSLanese
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, it does not contain any characters other than the 10 digits. After reading your question and returning to Verizon Cloud on my phone to confirm, I noticed that the pre-populated Username with my phone number was not editable. I also tested the online "My Verizon" browser login for wireless to access this thread and found that I could log onto the website using a Username both with dashes and without. Also, the login failure message on the phone specifically mentions an "Incorrect Password!".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RSLanese, that’s interesting indeed. Let’s keep digging to get to the root cause of the problem. Have you added/updated any apps on your BlackBerry since the issue began? What software version are you on for both the phone and the Verizon Cloud app?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

RSLanese
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not installed any new apps, except deleting and re-installing Verizon Cloud as instructed by the Verizon representative that I spoke with over the phone on Monday. The OS on my BlackBerry Classic is 10.3.2.556 and Verizon Cloud is 15.2.0.27

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us posted, RSLanese. We’re not giving up. Was your BlackBerry Classic ever active on a different phone number? For example, was there a previous Cloud account attached on this phone? Are you getting any option to reset the password with in the application? Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

RSLanese
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had an old flip phone prior to this BlackBerry Classic smartphone. I'm not sure what method the Verizon store used to transfer my contacts from my old phone to my new one in March 2016 but the Verizon Cloud worked until about a month ago. I have contacts, photos, video, and documents backed up from this phone until it stopped working. After the Verizon Rep had me delete and reinstall Verizon Cloud to try to correct the backup issue, that's when the password issue started.

0 Likes
RSLanese
Enthusiast - Level 3

I should have read your text more thoroughly. This is the only mobile phone number I've ever had and have had it for years. And there is no option in the Verizon Cloud app to change my password. After attempting to log in and it gives me the "Incorrect Password" message, it simply tells me to try again and brings me back to the same login screen.

0 Likes