Verizon Cloud vs. Carbonite
bocabender

I use Carbonite on my laptop and my smartphone. Will the new Verizon Cloud do the same kind of backup and restore functions that Carbonite does?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud vs. Carbonite
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would depend on what kind of backup and options you get with Carbonite and your smartphone.

The Verizon cloud will backup your photos, contacts, text messages, and some other things, but it is tied to your Verizon account - if you change providers, the data is useless.  And it is tied to your phone - not your laptop or other devices.

IMO, Carbonite is a more flexible, robust, and complete backup system. I don't use Verizon Cloud; for my Android phone I use Google for contacts, and photos, and apps.  And at home I use external hard drives for my laptop backup.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud vs. Carbonite
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

That would depend on what kind of backup and options you get with Carbonite and your smartphone.

The Verizon cloud will backup your photos, contacts, text messages, and some other things, but it is tied to your Verizon account - if you change providers, the data is useless.  And it is tied to your phone - not your laptop or other devices.

IMO, Carbonite is a more flexible, robust, and complete backup system. I don't use Verizon Cloud; for my Android phone I use Google for contacts, and photos, and apps.  And at home I use external hard drives for my laptop backup.

0 Likes