Verizon Cloud
KSalad

I received a text today saying that my cloud would be deleted on December 22nd unless I started paying $5 a month. One of the stores told me it is a scam, but they aren't the most reliable. Does anyone else know about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of threads about this policy change on the forum if you want to do a search.  You can still back up your contacts free of charge, and keep in mind that there are other cloud storage options, like Google and Microsoft.  In the meantime, from:

Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Verizon Cloud is changing to a paid, premium media storage service.

Anyone with Verizon Cloud free media storage will be required to either upgrade to a premium paid option, or remove their media before their account will be deleted. You can continue to use the Verizon Cloud app to store your contacts, free of charge.

We'll send a text message and/or e-mail of these changes to your account. You can upgrade or delete your account before receiving the notification.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of threads about this policy change on the forum if you want to do a search.  You can still back up your contacts free of charge, and keep in mind that there are other cloud storage options, like Google and Microsoft.  In the meantime, from:

Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Verizon Cloud is changing to a paid, premium media storage service.

Anyone with Verizon Cloud free media storage will be required to either upgrade to a premium paid option, or remove their media before their account will be deleted. You can continue to use the Verizon Cloud app to store your contacts, free of charge.

We'll send a text message and/or e-mail of these changes to your account. You can upgrade or delete your account before receiving the notification.

tonyome
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know, this really sucks.  How is eliminating free Cloud storage showing appreciation for customers?  I will NOT pay an additional $5 a month for Cloud when every other Cloud storage on the internet is free.  What is wrong with Verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are saddened to hear of your displeasure with this new change. We do recommend saving your content if you choose not to continue using it. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes