Re: Verizon Cloud
ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ryan, per my post above on the 28th of October, I uninstalled updates with no change.

And yes, I unchecked all the permissions and then rechecked all of them.

0 Likes
AsielCode7
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are too many of us with this issue. You guys need to fix your app and stop putting the responsibility on us.

ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I've found that uninstalling the updates for Verizon Cloud in Google Play gives me the ability to access my messages, backup, etc. There is an issue with the current version of the Verizon Cloud app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ARCHY.VA, we do appreciate your patience with this matter. We do want to get this figured as we do have numerous users who are not experiencing this problem. In the screen shots provided, I show that Camera, Location, Microphone are not enabled. Can you enable these functions and let us know if you are able to complete the backup on the most recent update for Cloud.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AsielCode7,

We want to ensure your experience with the Verizon Cloud is a good one. Since the issue is directly related to the app, please send an email to the app's development team with what you're experiencing to verizoncloud@verizonwireless.com. They'll be able to collect the information needed to get the app working as it should for you.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alberto, with everything checked, I am not able to backup SMS. I have tried unchecking everything and then rechecking everything. No change.

Do any of the Verizon support reps here actually use this application on an Android phone? Are you able to duplicate this problem on the latest phones/Android version/Verizon cloud version? If you don't have a solution that you know will work, don't bother responding. That just shows that you're trolling forums to get your post count up and "work". But you aren't working, because you aren't really helping us. Actually, one of you could work and actually send something to the app developers to notify them that it's broken.

0 Likes
ARCHY_VA
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shawnete, when you ask us, the end users, to submit emails to app development teams would be fine if it wasn't a verizon app. But since it is, shouldn't that be YOUR job?

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Folks,

The development team is aware of the issue impacting certain devices where the 17.4.x upgrade removed SMS permissions and apologizes for the issue. Version 17.5 will start to foll out in the play store next week that will address this issue.  After you upgrade to 17.5, you will need to toggle the SMS permissions.  To do that,

• go to the phone’s settings,
  • scroll to & tap Apps
  • tap Application manager,
  • scroll to & tap Cloud,
  • scroll to & tap Permissions and
  • toggle SMS from on to off to on.
0 Likes