Verizon Cloud
RAHCLASS

Hello!

​The couple of days the Verizon Cloud I have gotten the message.  Back paused, Service Temporary unavailable.  I have updated the app, i have rebooted my phone.  What else can i do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Morning RAHCLASS. We never want you to lose any information. It's important to have all your stuff backed up. Let's look into this together. Can you use other applications? Is your Cloud only set to back up via Wifi? Did you recently add any other applications? If so, try removing them and retesting. 

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RAHCLASS

Yes, I use other applications.  Yes, my Cloud is only set to back up via Wifi.  No, I did not add any other applications?

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Cloud app.

0 Likes
BBoggs

Terrible Solution.

0 Likes
JasonB_VZW
Verizon Employee

There are two means other  you can try:
1) IN the settings page, under "How to Back Up", choose to include Network Data and then re-run the backup.  That will allow a hand-off in the system and if the hold up were a token refresh or other server handshake matter, you have re-established connection and can resume as you had before.

2) Reset the App (Android)

Reset the App:

• Make sure you are on a good WiFi connection if possible, else follow the additional steps at the end.
  • Open Settings on your Device, and navigate to the App Settings area.  Open VZ Cloud.
  • Tap on “Storage”
  • Tap on “Clear Data” or “Clear Storage” (based on Android version) NOTE: This will NOT remove any content already backed up.  This removed the saved app configuration settings.  It will be as if you never opened the app before.
  • Launch Verizon Cloud, and follow the provisioning steps as they appear.
  • If you are prompted to ‘Complete Your Profile” you may say “Not Now”, then return to it later in the 'My Account' setup in Settings.
  • A Media Backup/Contact Sync will start running and is looking for WiFi. If you have a signal Backup/Sync will happen.

If You were not able to have WiFi in Step #1, then cancel the back up and manually re-launch the backup by tapping on the icon a second time.  This will permit Network Data to be used this time.

There are any number of reasons a Comm Network may give you that message, and occasionally a "turn it off and on again' will clear it up.

0 Likes