Verizon Cloud
Jeepster514

I just got Verizon Cloud and after I backed up my videos and photos I noticed a discrepancy in the numbers. On my iPhone it says I have 1,094 in my recents album and when I checked the Verizon Cloud it only had 754. I have synced multiple times with no change. Does anyone know what the discrepancy could be???

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to back up your information from the device to the Verizon Cloud correctly. Allow us to gather a few more details to be on the same page. Are you able to see if the missing information is from a specific file format, for example Live Photos? ~Vic

0 Likes
Jeepster514

Live photos got saved to Verizon Cloud

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarification. Looking at the content you have saved in the Verizon Cloud and the information on the phone, are you able to tell if content from a specific date is missing or if it is a file type that is not backing up? ~Vic

0 Likes
Jeepster514

I can’t really tell…all the files on my iPhone album are an IMG.

0 Likes
Jeepster514

A Panoramic JPEG didn’t make it to Verizon Cloud

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Jeepster514 ,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Verizon Cloud backs up your content by looking in specific places and for specific file types and sizes when choosing what to backup. A larger file like a panoramic photo, or anything else that may not be covered through this process, can always be added to the Cloud manually. Please check out this link for a full list of how to use Verizon Cloud: https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

-Russell

0 Likes
Jeepster514

So I don’t want to sound rude, but I’m paying for a service that advertises the backup of my photos and videos. From what I am understanding is that the Verizon Cloud picks and chooses what files to upload/save and for the files it opts not to choose, I need to manually upload myself. So in my case, I would need to go through and manually upload 300+ photos and videos myself???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Jeepster514 ,

Any backup service will save your content based on what is compatible with the service itself. If you have photos saved in a different folder, for example, it would not be backed up by Cloud. This is why if you have contact that is not being saved automatically, then you would either need to change where that content is being saved, how it is being stored before Cloud saves it, or manually add it.

-Russell

0 Likes
Jeepster514

Thank you Russell for your reply. I appreciate the time. And I again, I do not intend to sound rude, but:

1. According to the Verizon Cloud FAQs page, it tells me I can upload any photo or video file in my camera roll.

You can store the following types of content in Verizon Cloud:

• Contacts (sync only)
  • Photos
  • Videos
  • Documents*
  • Music*
  • Text messages* (sync only)
  • Call logs* (sync only)

Note: Verizon Cloud won't back up mobile or computer operating systems, settings, apps, app data, servers, email platforms, external storage drives, and certain uncommon file types or formats.

*Not available for Apple iOS devices. Call logs are Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) and are subject to the Verizon Privacy Policy 

2. The FAQs also tell me I need to select the content that I want stored on Cloud, I did that during the initial setup.

Verizon Cloud for iOS won't automatically back up your video files. You'll need to activate the automatic video backup setting first.

Follow the steps to view and change your backup settings . Make sure the switch for videos is set to green (on).

The videos on your device will be backed up the next time Verizon Cloud syncs.

3. FAQs go on to say that Cloud will "automatically uploads all the data for each content type"...

Verizon Cloud automatically uploads all the data for each content type you've set it to sync (e.g., pictures, videos, etc.). As long as you choose to back up / sync a content type, and have room in your account to store it, everything you have on your mobile device will be uploaded to Verizon Cloud.

You can also view your Verizon Cloud content  in My Verizon or through the Cloud desktop app  to see what is backed up in your account.

So I am still confused as to why if the FAQs reassure me that I can upload all my contacts/videos/photos, why are so many of my photos and videos missing?

0 Likes