Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Cloud
himarca

I keep getting a messages that says "Can't back up, because permissions have changed." It directs me to go to settings and turn on the SMS permissions...but when I go there, the SMS permission are already on. How do I fix this and/or turn off this alert?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon Cloud
richs007
Verizon Employee

Folks,

The development team is aware of the issue impacting certain devices where the 17.4.x upgrade removed SMS permissions and apologizes for the issue. Version 17.5 will start to foll out in the play store next week that will address this issue.  After you upgrade to 17.5, you will need to toggle the SMS permissions.  To do that,

• go to the phone’s settings,
  • scroll to & tap Apps
  • tap Application manager,
  • scroll to & tap Cloud,
  • scroll to & tap Permissions and
  • toggle SMS from on to off to on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EWNEU

Same problem. Started about a week ago.

- Samsung Galaxy S8

- Verizon SW version: S9DRL9o0fz

- App version 17.4.11

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

My apologies to hear of the issues you're having with backing up to your Verizon Cloud. Let's review this further for you. Are you only having trouble backing up the text messages? Are you able to back up any other content? Have you confirmed the app and your software is up to date?

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARCHY_VA

Hello, I also have the same issue. I am able to back up phone calls with no problem. I also verified there were no pending updates for Verizon Cloud. I also verified that my Galaxy Note 8 was up to date and that there were no pending system updates.

himarca

I'm not trying to back up anything - the message just appears at the top of my phone (Samsung S8) and stays there until I dismiss it. When I dismiss it, it shows up a few minutes later - so essentially always there. From what I can tell, everything is up to date and no pending system updates.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Keeping all your messaging content safe is crucial, ARCHY.VA. Let's work towards a solution. Have you attempted to clear the cache in the Verizon Cloud application? http://spr.ly/65848CjeK

Have permissions been turned on for the SMS application you're using? http://spr.ly/65858Cjez

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARCHY_VA

Yes and yes. I even tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Still no change.

2017-10-26 09.54.23.jpg2017-10-26 09.54.51.jpg

AsielCode7

I am having the same issue and I have tried everything. This seems to be a compatibility issue with the new Android update that came out a few weeks ago. Get it together already.

AsielCode7

Having the same issue on my Note 8. I love how they try to tell you that we need to fix this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate the additional information provided Himarca. Let's continue to investigate. When did this error message start appearing on your phone? From the notification you are getting, can you tell what application it's coming from?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes