Verizon cloud deleted photos
Rich91s

Please let me know if you were affected by verizon deleting your photos from verizon cloud. I had over 1000 photos deleted, memories gone forever. I'm so upset by this and I'd like to hear from you too. All I received was an apology and was told I should have read the email notification. I don't remember ever receiving notification that all of my photos would be deleted and if I did, it wasn't clear. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon cloud deleted photos
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are numerous threads about this on the forum if you want to do a search, such as:

Retrieve Deleted Photos from Verizon Cloud 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There was considerable discussion on this Community Forum a year or so ago when the Verizon Cloud was migrated to a paid service.  There were many users that said they did not receive email notices of the change.  There was a 30 or so day timeframe after the change where photos/data not downloaded/backed up elsewhere could be retrieved from the Cloud archives.  Has it been within the 30 days of your Cloud data being deleted?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Rich91s

Thank you but I read that already. I was told that my photos can't be retreived. I'm trying to gage how many people were affected by this to see if further action can and should be taken. I don't think the appropriate action was to delete our photos. I feel that verizon acted in a manner that isn't in the best interest of the customer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They provided notification through your bill and through the MyVerizon online at the time of the migration. If you didn't see those notifications at that time and are now only finding out about it a year later, I'm not sure how much fault is on Verizon Wireless. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Rich91s

@Ann154 wrote:

They provided notification through your bill and through the MyVerizon online at the time of the migration. If you didn't see those notifications at that time and are now only finding out about it a year later, I'm not sure how much fault is on Verizon Wireless. 

Thanks Ann but I'm not looking for advice. I'm trying to find people with the same issue I had. I know they are out there. If verizon was going to delete photos it should have been 100% clear. I would never risk losing those photos because I didn't feel like taking action. I can also think of alternatives to deleting. How about restricting access until I upgrade? Not just deleting.

0 Likes
JustMC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JustMC

I'm sorry to hear that your photos had been deleted from Cloud, but let's get more information on that. Did you discontinue the Verizon Cloud feature? If you sign into Cloud directly, does it show your missing photos: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/ ?

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
Rich91s

@JustMC wrote:

I had the same issue. 

It's absolutely ridiculous. My list of those affected is growing daily. Stay tuned.

0 Likes
Rich91s

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

@JustMC

I'm sorry to hear that your photos had been deleted from Cloud, but let's get more information on that. Did you discontinue the Verizon Cloud feature? If you sign into Cloud directly, does it show your missing photos: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/ ?

RussellM_VZW

No my photos aren't there. Why would I have this thread if they were accessible?

0 Likes