Vzw cloud on driod milstone
Kregdm

My aunt has an old driod milestone, and the screen is broken. Is there anyway possible that she can back up her phone and transfer it to a new phone using version cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Vzw cloud on driod milstone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kregdm,

Having a broken screen is never fun. I regret to hear that this has happened. Let’s see if there is a way to backup her phone. Is the phone able to be turned on & can you see what is on the screen? Do you know if she has ever backed up the phone with the backup assistant, Verizon cloud or with any other backup method?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kregdm

No I don't think she has ever backed the phone up. And yes u can turn it on, however she doesn't remember the passcode to unlock the phone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Motorola Milestone was sold as the Motorola DROID (OG) in the USA. The phone has a SD card where photos should have been stored. The phone wasn't compatible with the Verizon Backup Assistant when it came out originally so I highly doubt it is compatible with the Verizon Cloud service now. The contacts should have been stored to the Google Account associated with the device, but they could have been stored as phone only contacts.

How broken is the screen? Is it completely black or can you see the display? Since it is the Moto DROID, it has a track pad that should allow you to navigate through the device. The security on the phone wasn't as strict as the newer phones, you might be able to to plug it into a computer and access the internal memory space and the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kregdm, let's work together to get her content saved. Here is a good place to start. http://spr.ly/65808JTA2 cloud faq* Notice the "Using Verizon Cloud" section to check to see if she backed up the content. If she can't unlock the phone, we might need to do an alternate Factory Data Reset. However, this would erase the content. Let's first check on the Verizon Cloud. Let us know what you find.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes