What to get?
taraann13

I have a son, he will be 13 this week. We have the Edge plan. I do not think he is ready for a phone. We want to get him a tablet, so he can do school work, play games etc. However, is there a tablet that is reasonable, that has the capability to allow us to reach him, by voice or text? I thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What to get?
rcschnoor
Legend

taraann13 wrote:

I have a son, he will be 13 this week. We have the Edge plan. I do not think he is ready for a phone. We want to get him a tablet, so he can do school work, play games etc. However, is there a tablet that is reasonable, that has the capability to allow us to reach him, by voice or text? I thanks

You don't think he is ready for a phone yet you want to be able to reach him as if he were carrying a phone????

There are cellular tablets and wifi only tablets. If you get him a cellular tablet, you have to be ready for an increase in your data consumption. Is your son "ready" to constrain his data consumption if need be? If you get a wifi only tablet, it would only have data available when in reach of wifi.

A tablet is much larger than an phone. It is unlikely your son will want to carry it around wherever he goes and only have it when needed. This kind of puts a limit on reaching him by voice or text.

You can install Skype or some similar app on a tablet to be able to reach him by voice or text.

0 Likes