When is this update to 17.5 supposed to come out? SMS backups
Xersist

Still waiting for the update to fix the SMS not being able to backup.

According to the discussion, that is locked, here.​ (otherwise it would of asked there) That was posted "by richs_vzw on Nov 10, 2017 9:40 AM"  that  the update to 17.5 was supposed to come out about 2 weeks ago.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: When is this update to 17.5 supposed to come out? SMS backups
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My Droid Turbo 2 has Verizon Cloud v17.5.25. What model phone are you referring to?  I see the old closed post you refer to was about a Samsung Galaxy 8.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Xersist

I have a Galaxy S8+ and I uninstalled the app yesterday, and re updated it and still at v17.4.11.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xersist-

Getting the newest software update is important. I was able to confirm the new 17.5 Verizon Cloud has rolled out. May I ask if your phone is up to date with the software update? Are you checking for a new update while on WIFI or connected to our 4G network?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Xersist

Hi, well I tried to disable WiFi and refresh updates but Cloud says it was updated 3 days ago. And its not saying I have any OS updates.

Here are screenshots of what I have. I may just stop using Cloud.

Screenshot_20171130-083447.pngScreenshot_20171130-083508.pngScreenshot_20171130-083545.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see that you have the most current software version installed on your phone. Please try to delete (disable if deleting is not an option) the Verizon Cloud application, then power the phone off/on and install (or enable) the application again and test.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
Xersist

I disabled the app and It asked me to install the factory default version and I said yet. It is now 16.5.38. I forced stopped it and shutdown the phone. I turned off WiFi and checked the Play Store and it actually didn't have an update for it. It still said updated 3 days ago. I searched for Verizon Cloud and it has an enable button. Clicked it and it said there was an update. Ran it and went though the setup and it installed v17.4.11 AGAIN. Went to the play store and there was no update and it said that it was Updated 1 min. ago.

Think I will check out the non-Verizon solution that tikibar1 mentioned.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xersist, we understand the need to ensure that all information is backed up. When you try to back up the text messages what happens? Do you get an error message?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Xersist

Wow! Back to square one. Please no offence.

Please read my first post and click and read the discussion that I mention. That is the issue I am currently having. This thread is all the steps that I have taken so far to try and correct that issue. But "NOW" the issue is that I cannot get the 17.5 update to "hopefully" correct the original issue.

0 Likes