Who else here plans to switch to another wireless provider since Verizon is ending their cloud?
wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m switching? Anyone else?

Labels (1)
Re: Who else here plans to switch to another wireless provider since Verizon is ending their cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wanagshik, help is here as we'd never want to see you leave us. Great news, Verizon Cloud is alive and well as we have not gone away with this awesome feature. What happened to make you think we no longer have it to offer?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Who else here plans to switch to another wireless provider since Verizon is ending their cloud?
wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received an email from Verizon. I thought it said verizon cloud will now cost $3/ month. If I am mistaken then I’m sure I’m not the only one who misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone

jav6
Champion - Level 3

How did you interpret a $3/mo charge to mean 'ending their cloud'?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A quick check of Google doesn't reveal anything to indicate that the cloud service is being phased out, or, will become entirely subscription/fee based.

If if did happen, I could easily switch to cloud services by Microsoft and Google.

rcschnoor
Legend

Since I don't use Verizon's Cloud, but instead use Google, it doesn't matter much to me. Using Verizon's Cloud service makes it harder to switch providers should I find another provider which makes better sense for my needs. Using a cross-provider cloud service such as Google makes switching from provider to provider much more convenient.

CHEFRE54
Enthusiast - Level 2

yep

0 Likes
CHEFRE54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Supposedly the cloud I have was to never end. What happened to that. they decide to charge for everything

0 Likes
CHEFRE54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like I'll be checking googles cloud services...

0 Likes
wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m going to check out Googles cloud service as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes