Re: Who else here plans to switch to another wireless provider since Verizon is ending their cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wanageshik,

That also sounds like a plan wanageshik. I'll be happy to clarify. Just in case you are interested on the Verizon cloud, there's a variety of Verizon Cloud storage plans available, including a contacts-only free option. If you need additional storage, you can get up to 1 TB for a monthly fee. You can check out the details and options here: http://spr.ly/65858hDFb. I hope this is beneficial.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Who else here plans to switch to another wireless provider since Verizon is ending their cloud?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just got off the phone with Verizon Wireless support. This is what I was told.

Customers are given a base 5 GB of storage with their service. Anyone wishing more can pay $5/month for 500 GB or $9.99/month....ok....$10 for the sake of discussion.... for 1 TB of storage.

As of now, I have not received any Emails....or notifications in my bill....that indicate that I am going to start being charged for my base 5 GB storage allotment.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I just received the email containing:

Your Free Verizon Cloud service will expire on December 22, 2017. To avoid losing your media content, upgrade to a Verizon Cloud Premium option.

If you choose NOT to upgrade, you will still be able to back up and store your contacts, but your stored media content will be removed from the cloud.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still haven't seen any Emails from Verizon Wireless in my Inbox or Spam folder. Because I haven't found any posted notifications from VZW about this "pay-as-you-go change", I'm wondering if it is plan related? I'm on the old 1GB/month data plan and am using less that 1GB out of my 5 GB Cloud allotment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dexman, we appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your concerns with our Verizon Cloud service. While we are making changes to cloud service, such as the prices that you've mentioned, this change is taking place in phases. We can assure you that you'll receive an email and/or text message once your account is elected for this. In the meantime, you're always welcome to make any changes as necessary if you'd like to select one of our new and improved plans sooner rather than later.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samantha,

I wasn't really expressing a concern. I was relaying my experience to date with this topic.

Because Verizon Wireless is switching to a pay for all levels of cloud storage model, (with the exception of contacts), I've moved all of my photos to another cloud storage provider.

Dexman

0 Likes
wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have also moved my content to another storage provider. And I will be shopping for another wireless provider. I don’t appreciate being nickel $ dimed. Been thinking of switching anyway but this was final straw.

Sent from my iPhone

tmc75
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received and email stating that my Free Verizon Cloud service will expire next month.  These sort of things can certainly make customers to leave.  Isn't a cloud service a basic part of having a smartphone?  It says if I want to keep the Cloud to store media (photos, videos, etc.), that plan is Verizon Cloud Premium costing $5/month for 500GB of storage. All of my stored media will be deleted except for contacts. At first I thought it was a spam email, but then saw other posts about it.  It's just ridiculous!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Personally, I think this is doing a favor for people.

First of all, IF you use Verizon's cloud service, that makes it just that much harder to switch providers.

Second, Google provides a free cloud service AND works with ANY provider meaning you don't have to scramble to save your contacts/files/photos/videos to another location before switching providers if you feel the need to do so.

I haven't used Verizon's cloud service in years. People were always complaining about it and I have not had any problems with Google's service. In addition, it provides UNLIMITED FREE storage for any photos taken with my Pixel phone.

wanageshik
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree. Verizon is too costly already. Now THIS! I’m OUT!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes