Why am i being blackmailed into paying for cloud,when it says in their own booklet that it is free(5gb)? So??? Pay up or lose all my photos???
SUESTO76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a msg today saying i will lose all my photos & videos unless i pay $2.99 a month.

In Verizons own booklet it says..."5 gb for users who install the verizon Cloud app on their smartphone" " No additional charge"

How can they get rid of an item that we agreed to when i signed the contract??????

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am i being blackmailed into paying for cloud,when it says in their own booklet that it is free(5gb)? So??? Pay up or lose all my photos???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I sincerely apologize for any confusion this has caused, SUESTO76. I know how important it is to have all your memories backed up. Verizon Cloud is changing to a paid, premium media storage service for customers. Customers with Verizon Cloud free media storage will be required to either upgrade to a premium paid option, or remove their media before their account is deleted. Option #1 on this link provides you with additional information on the upcoming changes to the Verizon Cloud. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs Does this provide clarity?

We can certainly look into other options for you to back up your device. What is the make & model of your phone?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why am i being blackmailed into paying for cloud,when it says in their own booklet that it is free(5gb)? So??? Pay up or lose all my photos???
SUESTO76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung edge & LG 5

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Re: Losing my five free gigs of Verizon cloud

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BARWIL26

I just got the same message. Im paying for 4 phones and over $225.00 a month already. Why are you charging me for cloud storage. I have an iPhone 7 and have a contract for free storage on the cloud. Not a happy customer

0 Likes
BARWIL26

so I just went to "Manage Storage" on my IPhone and clicked change storage plan. I was able to upgrade to 50 GB of storage on the cloud for .99/month. Rather then going through the app I upgraded for less money through my phone. I pray this is what I had to do. I wont crab about .99 more per month. Hope this is correct and I don't lose all my pics.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

That doesn't sound like the Verizon Cloud which is $5/mo for 500GB or $9.99/mo for 1TB.  If you have your pictures on the Verizon Cloud you may have to download them before the free Cloud expires.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barwil26 It appears JAV6 is correct. However, there is a possibility that you are using both the iCloud and Verizon Cloud. If you go online to your My Verizon account are you able to see your Media? You can also check your cell phone to see if you added the Verizon Cloud app. If you do have the Verizon Cloud and don't want to use it, I would move your photos to the iCloud and delete the Verizon Cloud.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Suesto76, we just wanted to let you know that if you don’t choose to go with the upgraded Verizon Cloud application, you do have the option to choose to download the pictures to a 3rd party application like Google Photos or your computer to ensure that your pictures are backed up and synced.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

HI BARWIL26,

That sounds like Apple's iCloud service because as jav6​ pointed out the Verizon Cloud pricing is $5 for 500GB and $9.99 for 1TB.  If you had content in Verizon Cloud that you cannot access, please contact support at 800-922-0204 to restore Verizon Cloud service on your mobile number then restore your archived content.

0 Likes