Why can't I delete files from the cloud?
asquared2

I tried deleting some photos from the cloud, but get the following error message

"Sorry, we couldn't find your file.  Your file may have been deleted from your Cloud using another device"

However, I still see the photos when looking at my cloud on my phone and can open them up.  The problem first started when I accidently tapped to "download" pictures versus "delete" pictures when looking at the cloud on my phone.

Any suggestions?

Adam

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't delete photos/files from cloud
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Hey DE-VzW-Community and Teddymoney469,

If you go into the cloud website, do you still see the pictures you deleted from the Cloud?  If no and you only see them on the Verizon Cloud app on your phone and it is an Android phone, try clearing the Verizon Cloud cache.  That worked for me when I had a similar problem.

You can do that by going into your phone's settings, then selecting Applications/Application Manager/Cloud (Might be under Downloaded or All) then tap Clear Data.  You'll have to setup the app again to make it backup whatever you were backing up and when you were backing it up but it solved the "file already deleted" problem I had.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you deleting these photos from a device or when logged into the Verizon Cloud site from your desktop computer?

Many things, such as photos, are not deleted from your cloud when  you delete them from your device.

I get to the delete option in My Verizon > Manage My Media. I suggest deleting from the desktop in order to delete the photos from your cloud.

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

Adam////

the following link will take you directly to the Delete Media..etc in Verizon Cloud,, once there follow the steps and there is another link to help troubleshooting if your have additional troubles...

remember you can not delete photos, music, documents or video from cloud accessing from your device.. you must use your desktop or you may go thru your account at MY Verizon... you Can delete contacts and text messages only from the device and have them deleted also from cloud storage... please let us know if this works for you or if you have any additional questions... ..

Verizon Cloud | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
CrazyCat10

I am having this issue as well.  Pictures and videos are showing up on my phone that I wish to delete.  I tried to delete them from my phone, but I get the message "Sorry, we couldn't find your file.  Your file may have been deleted from your Cloud using another device".  When I go to the desktop application for the cloud, they are not there at all, so I don't even have the option to delete them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
CrazyCat10, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Which make/model phone do you have? http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

Do you have your device to set up to sync to Verizon Cloud automatically? http://vz.to/IsygQ6

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
CrazyCat10

I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone and yes it is set up to sync to the Verizon Cloud automatically. The pictures and videos that I wish to delete are only showing up on the phone, they are not showing up on the Verizon Cloud website. When I select them to delete from my phone I get the error message stating that the file cannot be found and it may have been deleted from another device.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Can't delete photos/files from cloud"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1250504#1250504

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to get this resolved crazycat10! I have sent you a private message so we can further assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BluesmanJohn

Apparently, there's no [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] answer to this question.

This is very frustrating!

I have tried all suggestions on here and nothing works

0 Likes
SamHop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. The photos do not show up when I log in from desktop but are still on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work on this, Samhop and have your photos available on your desktop. Do you receive any error messages when you try to access the Verizon Cloud from your desktop? Are you using the same log in information you use on your phone? Try to sync you phone with the cloud once again and retest http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud/ .

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes