Why can't I get my pictures?
KeeAme

I recently found out that Verizon is moving to a paid cloud. First I would like to say how very upset I am about this because every time i have gotten a new phone your people recomend using this way of storing pictures which was great... until now. I understand that you want to hae people pay for the cloud however I was never notified that my cloud service was ending. I lost almost 4,000 pictures over a 5 or 6 year time frame. I lost pictures from Family vacations and from prom. When I called in to try to get my pictures back your peole said that if I paid for the plan I could get them back. However this was not true. I have paid for the cloud and still my pictures are gone. I kept calling in to figure out if there was any way to get them back because I was never notified and your people proved that i was never told this was happening but I was told that after 30 days there is no way of getting the pictures back. So. Now I have paid $5.00 and yet you still will not give me my pictures. This is very upsetting and im sure im not the only person this has happened to. Just release the photos they aren't even yours. those are people memories and you have stollen them from people.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I get my pictures?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KeeAme,

We never want you to be upset with us about the change to Verizon Cloud's pricing. I'm not a fan of extra costs either. However, I can shed some light on this and provide more clarity. This change was notified to all affected customers and a time frame was given to save all content if you did not choose to go with the new pricing. I apologize if you did not receive those notifications. Let's review what options we have available for you. I have sent you a Private Message, so I can further assist you.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

KeeAme​,

If support could give you access to your content they would.  30 days after the cloud service is removed from a mobile number, they are permanently deleted from the system.  

I echo what JuanD said.  If the neither the account owner or you received the messages about the service going away, I apologize for the whole Verizon team.  That's not the service we hope for.  The notification process was about 45 days prior to the removal, an email was sent to the account owner.  Two days prior to the  removal of the service, the account owner and the impacted mobile number should be sent a text message.  Then for 30 days after the removal while the archived content is still available for restoration, the Cloud app prominently displays a notification how many more days are left before the content is removed.

0 Likes
KeeAme

This was a very bad plan on Verizon's part. We were never notified and your

people could even proved that. My family has now lost 5,000 pictures at

least and I have lost memories I will never get back because you failed in

your job. I have also now paid $5 to try and get my pictures back and now

you are telling me that I paid the $5 for nothing. I can't believe that it

have been completely erased from your servers. This has now made me want to

leave Verizon however your company has the best service I can't believe

this has happened and I now lose all my memories for the last 5 to 8 years

because I put them on a app that your people promoted. This has been

frustrating process and I feel like I have done nothing but gone in circles

with you people.

Keely Ames

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

If you or the account owner never received any notification email or text message, that is not the plan.  As I mentioned, there is a notification plan (45 days/2 days) in place along with a 30-day safety net archival period and in-app cloud messaging indicating how much time is left before the content is deleted. 

You will have only lost the content if that 30-day safety net has expired.  If your safety net hasn't expired, customer support at 800-922-0204 can restore the content for you from the archive.

You shouldn't have to pay for the first 30 days of the 500GB service.  We made the first 30 days free for people like you who didn't respond in time to be able to get their content back without paying to do so.  Support can put the 30-day free trial 500GB service on your mobile number, restore your archived content, you could download your content to your computer or mobile device and then cancel the service before the trial ends thus avoiding the $5 charge.

My advice is to call support to see if an archive of your content exists.  If it does, have them restore it for you.  If it doesn't have them remove the cloud service from your mobile number and in the unlikely event you actually paid for the cloud service ask to have that money credited back to your account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't apologize enough Keely, I can imagine how you must be feeling right now. My pictures are important to me, and clearly yours are as well. We would certainly want to take a closer look, just to be sure. I have sent you a Private Message to begin.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcgratmo

Any luck on getting pictures back after the 30 day safety net??

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

No, once that 30-day safety net expires, the 'housekeeper' programs delete the content.  There is no way to retrieve it after 30 days.

0 Likes