Why does my device keep telling me storage is full?
akaspider3

I bought. 20 more gb for storage and I can't even download music or use my camera on my iPhone says my storage is full. HELP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No gb to use camera. can't I backup my music?
Weth
Legend

I think you are confusing the different types of storage. When you say you bought 20 GB more of storage, that is cloud storage for backup. What your problem is you do not have enough storage on the phone itself. It is all used up. You need to delete things. Backup photos to the cloud then delete them from your phone. Only have the music on the phone you need, switch songs in and out from the cloud or use a streaming service. Another area that takes up a lot of storage is any pictures or videos in your messages. Go into the messages and delete these or entire threads you no longer need. Also remember video takes up lots of storage compared to anything else.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting full use of your iPhone is important, akaspider3. Let's find out what's keeping it full. It's possible that you purchased iCloud storage, which helps back up your data but doesn't remove it from the device. Here's how to tell what's using your device's storage. http://vz.to/1fkDkGc

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I think you are confusing the different types of storage. When you say you bought 20 GB more of storage, that is cloud storage for backup. What your problem is you do not have enough storage on the phone itself. It is all used up. You need to delete things. Backup photos to the cloud then delete them from your phone. Only have the music on the phone you need, switch songs in and out from the cloud or use a streaming service. Another area that takes up a lot of storage is any pictures or videos in your messages. Go into the messages and delete these or entire threads you no longer need. Also remember video takes up lots of storage compared to anything else.