Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Why does my new phone require me to sign up for Verizon selects to use the contacts backup (formerly Backup Assistant) now?
TLFLA

I have had many phones and all of them use Backup Assistant which is now called Verizon Cloud to back up contacts.  Now when I try to enable this on my new device (HTC 10) I must "agree" to use Verizon Selects which in my opinion which gives access to what I consider private information and I have opted out on for my 8 other lines of service since day one.   It is sneaky the way this is being presented to someone who doesn't know better or read carefully, that is bad enough.  I will leave it at that.

Is there no way to use Verizon to backup only my contacts now without using Verizon Selects?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my new phone require me to sign up for Verizon selects to use the contacts backup (formerly Backup Assistant) now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand your discontent and apologize for the confusion. A decision to participate in Verizon Selects is independent of any other choices made previously for Verizon products and services. You have the option to opt-out here:http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-selects/

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes