Why does phone ring 2x when (I think) I open an app?
ARTHOU33

my phone rings 2X when (I think) I open an app. I've been trying, FOR DAYS!!!!, to figure out what triggers it to do this. It doesn't happen all the time, but happens enough (usually in the dead of night when I don't want to wake anyone up, OR when I'm in a place when a ring is inappropriate) so that it's really annoying. I have had several tech-friends look at it, thought it was fixed, but it is continuing to do it.

Today I drove the 6 miles (one way) to the Verizon store to get some help. I was told I couldn't be helped without a PASSWORD. Ok, I admit it, I got upset. (It's my husband's account, he's had to change the password, I haven no idea what it is, and besides, I don't, which I should, carry the password list around with me). But really, it's so frustrating to deal with you people!!! I truly hate it.

I've ended up coming back home, the phone still has the potential of ringing whenever....(I've turned the ring sound down as far as it goes, now I don't know when anyone is calling me, BUT THE PHONE STILL "GOES OFF AND LOUDLY"!!!).

TELL ME I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON FOR GETTING UPSET AT ALL THIS CRAP. Don't bother.

I left the store (hours on the door posted as 9 AM to 8PM today). Drove around the parking lot, calmed down, gave myself a lecture, went back to the store. Sign on store???? CLOSED FOR LUNCH, OPEN AT 5:00 !!!!! It was 4:30 and hot I left without my phone being "fixed".

Small Verizon store, Factory Outlet Rd (I think), Sagamore, MA.

If I could get a different phone, carrier, etc. I would, but Verizon has a lock....no choice: Verizon=happy, consumer=furious.

Vianna

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does phone ring 2x when (I think) I open an app?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want to see you upset because of an issue with your device Vianna. We value you as a customer and want to do everything we can to help. When did this issue begin? What model phone are you using? Is this happening with any app that you open or is it only happening with a specific app?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes