Why is backup backing up music even when music is specifically deselected?
STECAR89

Why is the cloud app backing up music, even though music is specifically deselected in the backup options?

This is particularly frustrating, because when I bought this phone it was set by default to back up everything, so it filled my cloud storage with music. I had to painstakingly delete about 2,000 songs, one at a time, since Verizon does not offer any way to select content in a batch mode. Now Before doing that, I disabled music in the backup settings. Now i find that music has again been backed up, and my cloud storage is full again. This backup process is a joke. Come on Verizon, make a backup process that works!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is backup backing up music even when music is specifically deselected?
jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee

STECAR89,

We understand the importance of having a accurate backup. Let's look at the details. Have viewed your backup online? Is the music listed there? When was the last time you backed up your phone?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STECAR89

Have viewed your backup online? Yes

Is the music listed there? Yes

When was the last time you backed up your phone? Backup set to occur automatically on hourly basis.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

We want the cloud backup process to work for you STECAR89 . What phone do you have? Is the software up to date on your device?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes