backup assistant contacts to Sonim xp5700 (xp5)
michaeldubin2515

I recently lost my phone which was a Samsung Convoy4 basic flip phone.  My contacts on that phone were saved using Backup assistant. Yesterday I activated my number on another phone which is a Sonim XP5700 (XP5). The new phone does not seem to support backup assistant or Verizon cloud. Is there a way to move my saved backup assistant contacts to the Sonim XP5?

I tried to see if I could use the cloud desktop app on my laptop but it seemed like I could not add the app for my number since the  associate mobile phone was not compatible.

Any ideas on how to get  my backup assistant saved contacts onto the sonim ?

0 Likes
Re: backup assistant contacts to Sonim xp5700 (xp5)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're so sorry to hear your device was lost, michaeldubin2515. Keeping your content backed up is a great way to ensure you do not lose any important content. You can find steps to transfer content from your old device to your new device here, http://spr.ly/6603GMR3b. Please let us know if you have any trouble. 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
michaeldubin2515

The link you sent does not work when you enter the Sonim XP57OO in as the new phone.

I was able to successfully view my contacts on the verizon cloud desktop app on my computer and I am able to export them as a csv  or vcard files. I have not been able to move the contacts to the Sonim XP5700 which cannot load the verizon cloud app.  I have tried connecting with both bluetooth and with a cable, but I can't seem to find a way to move the contacts.  Any further guidance?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry that this has been a difficult process. We can keep trying out new things here. What happens when you try to do them via Bluetooth? Here is how you would do this on your phone: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-211157/ Does that help?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
michaeldubin2515

When I follow those prompts I do not have the # 5 "share" option even though blue tooth is on on and both devices seem to be paired up (it looks like moving music/pictures would work). 

There is an import/export option their but it looks like I need a memory card to use that. I may try to get one with an adapter so I can try putting the vcard file on the micro sd before putting into the phone.

Not sure why I cant move contacts  through blue tooth though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Try these instructions instead: 

From Home screen, select Menu ( ) > Contacts
( )
2. Select Option key > Import/export.
3. Select Share all contacts. You can use one of the
following options to share the required contact:
• Messaging: Send the contact details as a
multimedia message to any mobile phone.
• Bluetooth: Send the contact details to a
Bluetooth device paired with your phone. Select a
Bluetooth device to share the contact.

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
michaeldubin2515

Thanks for continuing to try. I don't have the "share all contacts" option in the import/export menu.

I eventually  got a file of my contacts copied  on my laptop using the Verizon desktop app by selecting contacts > select all > export > select vcard > export.

I was then (eventually) able to export the file to the Sonim XP5700 phone using the Bluetooth file transfer wizard after the two devices were connected with bluetooth. The file transfer wizard came up as an option when I typed "bluetooth" while in the windows menu. I was also able to send to the phone from the menu which came up when selecting the Bluetooth icon after selecting "show hidden icons"in the bottom right of the computer screen. Once I was able to send the file properly, it popped right up on the phone and I was able to load the file.

Anyway, all set now. Thanks for responding to my inquiry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's a relief that you were able to transfer your information over. We appreciate your patience and for working with us. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. 

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes