can't open the cloud
CLACUR37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't been able to open the cloud for two days. can't get an answer why. what is up? Thank you

Labels (1)
Re: can't open the cloud
MRIDE214
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not to alarm you, but if you read through the threads on this forum, there are many, many people, including myself, that haven't been able to access our cloud information since the beginning of 2017.  Verizon won't acknowledge much, and definitely hasn't repaired the servers that are supposedly down.  FYI.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CLACUR37, we know how important it is to have access to your content in Verizon Cloud. We're here to assist. When was the last time you were able to access the cloud successfully? Can you please tell us how you're trying to access the cloud and what happens when you attempt to do so?

0 Likes
CLACUR37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hadn't used the cloud for a while (months?) on my PC. So I took pictures over the weekend, and when I tried to look at them on my PC. It kept' saying OOPS and wouldn't let me log in. I've used the cloud on my PC many times over the years, and I could see in the back round the number of photos in there, but I could not get in. On the community forum I was told the servers have been down for months and Verizon is not fixing them. True? I'm sure my computer is not the problem. I can get them all in the cloud on my S-5 by the way. Thank you. Phil &Claudia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help MRIIDE214. I know how important it is to be able to access your saved content on the Verizon Cloud.

How are you attempting to access the Verizon Cloud? What happens when you try accessing the Verizon Cloud?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use Google for backup, or One Drive, or Dropbox, or any other cloud service.  Verizon cloud hasn't worked for months....my photos are all on Google or downloaded to CD/DVD and external drives.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@CLACUR37

I, too, rely on the Verizon Cloud service to back up my device media and content. I want to ensure we do everything we can to get this feature working again for you.

What model phone do you have? Have you tried backing up your content using the application on your device? What happens exactly when you use the Verizon Cloud application on your device? Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact error message? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CLACUR37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S-5. the cloud works fine on my phone. But Not on my PC, which it always used to. Thanks.

0 Likes
stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to ensure you have access to your content anytime you need it. What web browser are you using? Have you tried clearing the browser cookies and temporary internet files?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
maryannd

Here is what I know after a dozen inquiries. The Cloud has not worked for months and according to Verizon they are waiting for a third party to fix it. When you complain they say 'oh well back up your contacts to google' or 'connect to your home computer and back them up'.  Why should I have to do this? I pay a lot of money for Verizon service and the Cloud is part of that service.  Plus if you don't know that your phone is not being backed up and don't have an SD card (my Galaxy S6 does not) you risk losing everything.   

0 Likes