cloud storage
alisonp

I deleted lots of cloud items, but storage still at max.  I've emptied the trash.  why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cloud storage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alisonp, let's get this clean out. Are you viewing the cloud on the web or in the app? Have you tried signing out and then back in?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tinytabletop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having this same problem and posted about this on the same day before I spotted this thread.

I have logged in and out more than once since I deleted the items. Online, I am told I have lots of space. It is my phone that daily gets a text saying, "Your 5.0GB of Verizon Cloud Storage is almost full." Do I need to do something on my phone to update its information?

Martin

0 Likes
alisonp

The usage amount was reset after a period of time not sure if it was signing out and signing in but it's fixed now thank you

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tinytabletop What a great question and one I can certainly help you with. The message you are receiving refers to your My Verizon “Cloud” storage. You can increase the storage or delete photos, music, email, messages to increase the storage. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. I’m including a link that will help with questions regarding the Verizon Cloud. http://vz.to/1YAlEJt
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tinytabletop
Enthusiast - Level 3

DeloresK,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I do understand the message refers to My Verizon "Cloud" storage. I have logged into My Verizon Cloud, deleted a few gigs worth of data and emptied the trash. When I then refresh the page the "Storage Meter" updates to say "2.2 GB of 5.0 GB used 44%." That's great. But then, at around 1:00 pm CST, I get a text message on my phone (a Droid Turbo 2), that my "…Verizon Cloud storage is almost full. Add more storage by visiting…" If I then check in online with My Verizon Cloud, it still indicates 2.2 GB of 5.0 GB used.

Is Verizon just trying to trick me into buying more storage?

Martin

0 Likes
tinytabletop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Forgot to mention. This has gone on daily for I think over a week since I deleted the files.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The cloud is a great way to backup your phone's information tinytabletop. We don't want you to keep getting that message about the storage. Let's keep at this. When you open the Cloud app on your phone, does it show the updated storage at just the 2.2GB? Have you recently switched from a different phone?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tinytabletop
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my phone Cloud app also shows my storage at only 2.2 gigabytes out of 5 gigabytes.

0 Likes
tinytabletop
Enthusiast - Level 3

And I have had this phone several months.

0 Likes