Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
how can I find out if I had a backup of my contacts on my old phone?
cleverschooler

My Samsung Galaxy S6 screen recently died, so I went to Best Buy and bought a Motorola G6.   I couldn't transfer data because I couldn't see the screen.  However, I can see the phone when I hook it to my PC and there is a contacts folder.  When I try to open it, though, I only get one contact.   Meanwhile all of my old contacts don't show up on my new phone?   Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can I find out if I had a backup of my contacts on my old phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how important it is to make sure that you have all of your contacts. Have you backed up all of your contacts on the Verizon Cloud? Or maybe Google Drive? Samsung Cloud? The hard part is if you haven't been using one of these methods to backup your device, we do not have a way to retrieve your old contacts. Do you still have the device you used before the Galaxy S6?

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cleverschooler

Yes, I do have the old device, but the screen is dead. When I looked at the Verizon website, it looked like contacts are backed up for free. On google drive, the old phone shows, but I can’t see an option for viewing the backup, only deleting it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate this information! With your contact information there, you can actually restore them to your new device! Here are the steps:

1. Access Verizon Cloud application

2. Tap the three horizontal bars on the upper-left of the screen

3. Tap Settings

4. Tap Tools

5. Tap Content Restore

6. Select what you wish to restore

Austin_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes