how do i allow apps to use cloud?
pistolpete40

How do I allow apps to use cloud? want to back up only certain things on my phone - not everything. don't want to back up music, videos, pictures. just calendar, notes, etc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i allow apps to use cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pistolpete40, we want you to be able to back up your content. Let's get you going in the right direction. When you are in the cloud app, Tap on the three lines in the top left corner>Settings>What to back up. Here's more info http://vz.to/2cnHpts.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AnnD13

That answer wasn't very helpful. The How to Use Guide doesn't address the issue of giving apps permission to use the Cloud, either.

I'm using an iPhone 6S, and under Settings>What to Back Up, there are only 3 options to select: Contacts, Photos, and Videos. Under Settings>Apps Using Cloud, there is this message: "You haven't given any apps permission to use your Cloud." I've checked under the phone's Settings for each app whose data I would like to back up, and don't see an option to enable interaction with the Verizon Cloud there, either.

Perhaps this feature isn't available for iPhones?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having proper cloud back up is vital. Are you using iCloud or Verizon Cloud for storage?

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NJ-Magicman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon Cloud app will only backup contacts, call logs, messages, videos, photos, music and 'documents'. 

The apps using the cloud is for 3rd party apps that have modified their applications to access the your cloud content either for storing things there or using things in there.  For example, it looks like there are 12 IFTTTT recipes that are integrated into the verizon cloud.  https://ifttt.com/recipes/search?q=verizon+cloud

0 Likes