how to download ALL verizon cloud photos to smart phone?
hhetric
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the s6 Edge and I only see how to download one photo at a time locally to my phone.  I have 3000 pictures.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to download ALL verizon cloud photos to smart phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

With 3000 photos, it could take awhile.  Go to the cloud app on your new phone.  Tap the three bars on the top left of corner of the screen.  Tap Tools, then Content restore.  It will scan the cloud content and you can check what you want restored to the phone.  When you've selected the photos, tap RESTORE in the top right corner.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

, Help is here! Please review this link for all info related to the Verizon Cloud and restoring content: http://spr.ly/6582Bs0c4 Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You want all 3000 put on your phone?  Aren't the photos in the Verizon cloud there because they were backed up from your phone?  Or you want to download from the cloud to your computer so you can then remove them from the phone to free up space?  Please clarify and then we can give you directions for the correct option.

0 Likes
hhetric
Enthusiast - Level 2

My old phone is fried.

I have a brand new 128 GB phone with verizon cloud loaded and I would like to download all of my photos directly to my phone from the interface, not selecting one at a time.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

With 3000 photos, it could take awhile.  Go to the cloud app on your new phone.  Tap the three bars on the top left of corner of the screen.  Tap Tools, then Content restore.  It will scan the cloud content and you can check what you want restored to the phone.  When you've selected the photos, tap RESTORE in the top right corner.

0 Likes
hhetric
Enthusiast - Level 2

does this save it locally to my phone in a gallery? 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't actually done this, and I don't want to download stuff from the cloud to my phone as I don't want to use the space.  I typically put stuff in the cloud so I can delete it from the phone...  but to answer your question, I would assume that yes, it does go into your Gallery on the phone.  It may be automatic, and then again, you may be able to specify where you want the photos on the phone once you click the RESTORE button.

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

hhetric - I'm with SuzyQ if they are in the cloud do you really want to chew up your phone storage?  But if you do, here'a link I found that should help you download ALL photos to your phone.  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-161979/

0 Likes
HardToThrill
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

It's not up to Verizon (or Google) to determine what data is necessary to any individual user. Modern phones have 256GB minimum storage. I'm a service contractor with a Verizon corporate account. I need my photos and calendar going back YEARS. Sometimes I'm at a site that I last serviced 7 years ago. I frequently need to lookup the date I was there and my notes on what was done in Google calendar, as well as review any photos or videos I took, which I need to be able to scroll back by date in the Gallery app. I'm not some kid with a bunch of games and entertainment sucking up my memory. 

(Maybe if the decision makers at Verizon and Google et al developed a way to properly transfer things like photos and calendar, customers like me would be much more inclined to upgrade to new phones more frequently. Because of the transfer issues, I'm forced to stick with my existing phone until it can no longer be kept operational.)

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes