managing pictures from device to cloud to computer
JODMAC27
Enthusiast - Level 1

After deleting photos from the cloud (and saving them on my computer) do I also need to delete them from my phone? If I don't delete them from my phone do they get synced back to cloud over and over? I don't want to store them permanently in the cloud and don't want to purchase more storage - I have a different storage method. I only use the cloud to move them from my phone to my computer and then I want them gone.

Can you confirm that the cloud sync is merely copying and that it is our responsibility to permanently delete pics from the phone if you want them to stop syncing into cloud storage?

Labels (1)
Re: managing pictures from device to cloud to computer
JAMM54
Enthusiast - Level 2

They do sink back into your cloud over and over and over. I don't know why they would but they do. I go into my cloud once in awhile in the photos folder and delete the ones that are duplicated. Then I go on my memory card in my phone and make sure there aren't multiples there too. I think the Cloud makes a new save if you post a picture on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter. Hope this helps.

0 Likes