move photos from timeline to albums
botirick

I would like to move photos in the timeline to albums that I create. I know how to create the albums but I want to move from the timeline the photos as I go

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: move photos from timeline to albums
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

botirick,

It's great to organize memories so you can enjoy them better. Depending on the operating system of your device, the actual steps may vary. On most phones, when using the standard photo gallery app, you would just need to press and hold on the photo you want to move (or choose a menu option that would allow you to select multiple photos). Once you've done that, there would be a "Move/Add To" option that lets you select the album you want to use.

RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

botirick,

It's great to organize memories so you can enjoy them better. Depending on the operating system of your device, the actual steps may vary. On most phones, when using the standard photo gallery app, you would just need to press and hold on the photo you want to move (or choose a menu option that would allow you to select multiple photos). Once you've done that, there would be a "Move/Add To" option that lets you select the album you want to use.

RussellM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
botirick

Thanks for that information but, I am talking about being on my computer in the cloud app not my phone. I want to move the pictures to a album and when I do that I want them not to be left in the timeline.  How do I do that? If I move to a album they are still showing in the timeline. It is hard to add to albums when they still show up in the timeline then I cant keep up with which ones I have moved or added to albums cause they are still there. FYI: I have 37,000 photos to go thru.   Thx  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the clarity. That does help tremendously. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Based what you have shared, it sounds as if you have no problem moving the pictures to the albums you have created. To ensure we provide an accurate solution, please clarify, are you creating the albums in the cloud or on the desktop hard drive?

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
botirick

Thx, the cloud on my computer.   When in the cloud i make albums but the oics still stay on timeline. i want to move to different albums and as i move them i want the off the timeline.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how challenging it can be to sort through that many pictures and still show them on the timeline, botirick. I appreciate the additional details. Let’s see if we can help get things organized. When you move photos to an album and they stay on the timeline, are they also in the Album? What happens if you remove the photo from the Timeline?

Please try this with a photo you would consider removing anyway, as I wouldn’t want you to lose any pictures.

JosephE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
botirick

Thx, When I move to album, it stays in timeline too.  But, If I delete from timeline it also deletes the one in the folder.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is good to know, botirick. The Cloud is functioning properly when doing this. The Timeline is to show when the picture was taken and Albums allow you to organize them how you want.

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
achaobal

I have lost access to the Cloud Timeline (from the computer) as of a month ago (March). Why don't I see the timeline on my computer when I go to my cloud? I have to scroll to past photos (ie December 2015) which doesn't make sense. How can I get my timeline back??? Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

achaobal We want to make sure you are enjoying your Cloud. At this time the filtering functionality is available. Let's figure out why this is not working for you. What device make/model do you have?

DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes